● Rising from the Ashes ●

The room was dimly lit, and the air felt thick with tension as Ghost and Soap stood guard over the girl, who had finally fallen asleep in her bed. Her small frame was still, but every now and then, her fingers would twitch, a subtle reminder of the fear she had recently endured. Ghost glanced at Soap, who was staring out of the window, ever alert.

Suddenly, the distant sound of gunfire erupted, shattering the fragile silence. Soap turned quickly, his eyes narrowing as he focused on the sound. "That was close," he says while breathing heavily, his body tensed, ready for action.

Ghost clenched his fists, his voice low and steady, "We need to move her. Now."

Soap nodded, still on edge. "Let's make sure the area's clear first," he says while scanning the room quickly before heading to the door. His hand was gripping his weapon tightly, the tension in his posture revealing the weight of the situation.

The girl stirred slightly in her sleep, and Ghost moved closer to her, his gaze softening for just a moment. He reached down and gently shook her shoulder. "We need to go," he whispers while watching her wake up slowly.

Her blue eyes fluttered open, and she blinked up at Ghost, confused and still half-asleep. "Ghost?" she asks in a soft, shaky voice, rubbing her eyes with her small hands. She seemed to sense the urgency, her expression quickly shifting to concern as she glanced between the two soldiers.

"It's not safe here," Ghost says, his voice calm yet firm. He picks her up gently, cradling her against his chest as he and Soap move swiftly out of the room. She clung to Ghost, her small hands gripping his gear tightly, her heart pounding in her chest.

As they made their way down the hallway, the gunfire grew louder, and the girl buried her face in Ghost's chest, trying to block out the noise. She whimpered softly, her fear evident. Ghost whispered softly to her, "It's okay, you're safe with us," while his eyes remained sharp, focused on every movement around them.

Soap led the way, his body tense as he checked every corner and doorway they passed. "We're nearly at the exit," he mutters while glancing back at Ghost. The steady thud of their boots echoed through the corridor, mingling with the distant sound of chaos outside.

As they approached the exit, a sudden explosion rocked the building, causing debris to fall from the ceiling. The girl let out a small cry, tightening her grip on Ghost's shirt. "Stay low!" Soap shouts while crouching down, his weapon raised and ready for any threats. He moved with precision, his eyes scanning every inch of the space ahead.

Ghost crouched down too, holding the girl closer to his chest to shield her from the falling debris. "You're alright," he says in a low voice while stroking her hair gently. "We're almost out of here."

The door ahead of them burst open, and two enemies stormed in, guns raised. Soap didn't hesitate. "Get down!" he yells while firing off several rounds, his jaw clenched in concentration. The gunfire was deafening, and the girl flinched, burying her face further into Ghost's chest.

Ghost, still holding her protectively, shifted slightly, keeping her out of harm's way as he returned fire with precision. The attackers fell quickly, and the room fell silent once more, except for the heavy breathing of the soldiers.

Soap wipes the sweat from his brow and turns to Ghost, "That was too close," he says while panting heavily, his eyes still darting around for any additional threats.

Ghost nodded, his face calm but determined. He adjusted his hold on the girl, who was trembling but still silent, too scared to speak. "Let's get her out of here," he says while glancing down at her, his voice softer now.

Together, they continued forward, moving quickly through the corridors until they finally reached the safety of the extraction point. The girl, still clinging to Ghost, let out a soft sigh of relief as the sound of the helicopter blades grew louder in the distance.

---------------------------------------------------------♡
A/N: well hi again I hope you liked the last two chapters and I think I'll be posting every day if I can that's not promised but I'll try my best hope you enjoy how I write.

Word count: 741
T1ACKS