Chapter Four Pt. 2

Out of all the people who decided to come to the club tonight it just had to be him.

"Malakai?"

Eboni gawked at Malakai, who swayed in front of her with a crooked grin plastered on his face. Kai stood wearing a burgundy polo, a tribal bead necklace, white jeans, and black shoes. He took another sip of the drink in his hand and eyed Eb. Girl, get out of there! Eboni turned to leave but Malakai grabbed her before she could move any further. When she turned to face him once again, Kai laced his fingers through his dreads and said, "What are you doin' here, Eb?"

Eboni blushed, and looked for Raphael. She wished he'd hurry up with their drinks so she could leave before Malakai told on her. It was one thing to get caught at the club. But to get caught at the club but your crush was completely mortifying. Eboni had one job and that was to go out, have a few drinks undetected, then back home before anyone knew she went missing. Eboni pursed her lips when she noticed that Kai made no effort to let her out of his sights. "You know, I just came to celebrate my birthday." She shrugged. Malakai's eyebrows lifted at the sound of that, as he took another swig of the drink.

"Birthday?!..." He sent her a questionable look but his eyes soon widened when realization hit. "...Oh Yeah! Happy birth-fay, Eboni!" He slurred, wrapping his arms around Eboni in an over dramatic hug. She gasped for breath at how tight Malakai held her. If this was going to be her way out, she wanted God to know that she hadn't learned to make pound cake from scratch yet!

Eyes wide in shock Eboni shouted, "Malakai, what the heck is your problem?!" He busted out laughing, clumsily falling against the wall behind him. Great, Malakai was drunk. She'd seen him intoxicated once before, and she knew Kai always acted out of character when he was drunk.

It was one thing to have a drunk guy on her hands, but there was no telling what would come out of Kai's mouth during his recent state of mind. If she wanted her secret safe, she needed to first stop off his supply of alcohol. Eboni rolled her eyes and groaned, reaching for the glass in Malakai's hand just as Raphael came back with their drinks.

"Eboni," Raphael started to say, glancing over at Malakai who arched an eyebrow. He stared, "this guy bothering you?" Malakai rose off the wall, and eyed the man up and down. Eboni could tell by the way his body moved that Malakai was not happy to see Raphael. She just needed to get Kai alone and cooled down then everything would be fine.

"Am I bothering her? The only person bothering her is you." Malakai turned towards Eboni, "You know this fool?" She nodded which only made Malakai more angry. "Better get him before I pull a Mayweather on him." Eboni turned to Raphael who smiled down at her. Malakai stood close behind, his eyes zeroed in on the other man.

"Raphael I'm sorry, my friend here is just drunk and-"

"Nah, Eb. You don't need to apologize to him, just send him on!" Malakai intervened, earning a glare Eboni, which shut Kai up for the moment. Raphael cleared his throat before asking,

"So you two have a thing going on already?" Eboni shook her head and opened her mouth to reply to Raphael's inquire, but Malakai beat her to it.

"She my Bow Peep and I'm her ram." Both Eboni and Raphael gawked at Malakai who shrugged his shoulders, and continued to drink.

Raphael arched an eyebrow. "Little Bow Peep had a sheep."

"Nah, she had a ram because imma ram-" Eboni clasped her hand over Malakai's mouth, laughing nervously while sending Raphael an apologetic smile. This was definitely her karma for sneaking out the house in the first place. Eboni pleaded to Raphael as he thanked her for her time, then disappeared into the crowd. When the other man was out of sight, she slapped Malakai against the chest and cursed him.