Chapter 83

Doha, of course, didn't hit anyone. No matter how much he didn't want to cause trouble, he couldn't even face a provincial assistant like that.

"This girl..."

Slang words emerged through thick lips with a rough breath. Of course, they didn't come out of Doha's mouth. He was looking at the situation in front of him with his eyes wide open. His open-mouthed face looked like that of a child who received a great gift.

"How dare you insult him?!" There was a storm of shouts.

It was Lariette. The wind in her pajamas, she was huffing and puffing without even properly fixing her hair. Originally, it would have been enough to ignore the crying of a small, slender woman, and it would stop. However, the mercenary who wanted to attack Doha couldn't bear it. It was because the slender woman had kicked him and sent him flying.

"What?! A woman's fist...?!"

The mercenary grabbed his throbbing nape, looked back, and analyzed what had just happened. While harassing the cute girl, he didn't like the way they were doing it, so he threw a punch at her face. But before his fist could reach her face, someone jumped on him and slapped him on the back. It was a ridiculous speed. The power was also stronger than that of most mercenaries. He was so shaken where he was hit that he still couldn't act.

"Dutton, did a woman just hit you and knock you down?"

"Hahaha!"

Other mercenaries laughed and mocked their colleague. They were also surprised at the woman who flew out of nowhere. But no matter how tough they are, even if they fall. This situation is ridiculous for mercenaries who defeat monsters. The fallen mercenary, Dutton, joked as an excuse. Doha was the only person in the restaurant who understood the situation.

"You're using wind magic. It's very useful."

It seemed to create a strong wind and blow her body. The flying pose was quite neat and clean. She must have been with the duke, but he knew where she had learned to kick. He wiped himself off and stood up, looking at Lariette with sparkling eyes. As he stood up slowly, his figure seemed particularly slow. It seemed like time was passing quite slowly.

"Doha, let's go!" Lariette approached him and spoke to him confidently. Doha murmured a response, blushing his cheeks.

"I haven't ordered waffles yet..."

"Eat it later! Let's go!"

"What do waffles matter in the current situation!"

Lariette tightly grasped Doha's wavering hand. She then led him to a room upstairs. The mercenaries moved and laughed, regardless of the fact that their colleague had been hit. They didn't know the exact condition of their companion, so they didn't understand the seriousness. Doha looked at Lariette's face as she dragged him along. Her frowning gaze and closed mouth were so fresh and charming.

"I think I'm in love..."

He whispered softly. He had been in love before, but it was too soon to fall in love again. He wasn't going to be responsible. Fortunately or unfortunately, Lariette was busy taking her steps without listening. She still looked very angry. The door to the room closed with a loud noise. The door's dust fell as Lariette slammed it shut.

"Our lady is so powerful."

Doha thought, never taking his eyes off her. And soon their gazes met. The violet eyes, full of anger, looked at him.

"Why are you still standing there?"

"Huh?"

"What happened to the protective barrier you deployed last time? Are you still not doing anything?" Lariette shouted forcefully.