105

"How should I propose?"

It was an unfamiliar question for Asrahan. He had never been in a relationship before meeting Lariette, and there was no doubt that he had never planned a proposal. Far from planning, he felt like he was losing his mind because it was something he had never imagined. He only knew a little because he had heard it somewhere; he was supposed to give a ring with a large diamond or a variety of precious jewelry and say sweet words. Instead of relying on information he didn't know where he had heard, he decided to seek advice from others, and it was so obvious who he would ask.

"How should I propose to her?"

"Well..." As Asrahan nodded with a somber face, Hallstein's green eyes lit up.

"I'm sorry, Master... You only have me as your sole family butler to ask, but I want to give you good advice."

Hallstein held his chin and pondered, then answered confidently.

"Fill the main hall with all kinds of jewelry and accessories, then you tell her: 'Everything here is yours, the jewels, and me too.' Oh, don't forget to arrange them beautifully. Because the lady seems to like pretty things," Hallstein added.

The appearance of imitating his master's somber tone and expression was very natural, as if he had done it once or twice before. But Asrahan didn't seem satisfied with his suggestion and frowned, then asked with some doubts.

"I don't think she likes these kinds of things, especially those words."

"You don't know. Besides, words are not important; it's the partner. A handsome person is great no matter what they say, especially if it's someone you love. There's nothing more to say."

"When did Hallstein become so obsessed with appearances?"

Asrahan tilted his head and wondered about his change. He didn't even dare to imagine that his lover could influence him so much.

"Isn't it too much?"

"What do you think you should do?" Hallstein asked, as if he was frustrated that Asrahan still seemed very displeased.

It was he who thought that any answer he gave would be worse than his suggestion. The wrinkles on Asrahan's forehead deepened, his sharp eyes were even sharper, and his lips were pressed together. It was a terrifying face, as if he was about to kill someone soon. He was only thinking, but it looked ugly in the eyes of others.

"No one would think it's the face of a man who was thinking about how to propose. I think it looks more like a face that will provoke war."

Hallstein thought, remembering his master's fierce face, and clicked his tongue. Then he thought of his appreciation for Miss Lariette and felt sorry for her, who had already met that terrifying master.

"Buy an island and fill it with precious things, and why not ask her to marry you, telling her she's more beautiful than any of those things?"

"Didn't you say filling an island was too much?"

"When I thought about it again, it doesn't seem too much," Hallstein seemed a bit tired.

Of course, it wasn't much for Duke Candel's marriage to buy an island, but if he knew the girl, he wouldn't think she would enjoy such an excessive event. Asrahan thought similarly and closed his mouth tightly. This was because Lariette was not interested in precious jewels or elegant dresses. The Blanche family was once more powerful than the Candel family, although she was not interested in that. The current wealth was not as great as the Candel's. She had lived as a princess of that family and enjoyed it as much as she could.