119

Estella was a very beautiful girl. Her pink hair resembling Lariette's was lustrous, and her blue eyes resembling Asrahan's were clearer than the autumn sky.

Beautiful eyes, thick eyebrows, naturally curled long eyelashes, a slender nose, chubby lips, and a slender face. There was no corner of her that wasn't beautiful.

As soon as Estella was born, Hallstein cried tears of joy, declaring that the most adorable child in the world had been born.

Anne also continued to marvel at how much prettier she was than Lariette in her childhood.

However, the most beautiful aspect of Estella was her heart, not her appearance.

The girl didn't cry much even as a baby, and she would smile faintly when she looked at people. She grew up with a sweet and loving demeanor as the years went by. Although she was five years younger than Evan and Edwin, Estella was their sister. It was because her heart was incredibly kind.

"I'm going to eat it!"

"You've already eaten everything! Are you a pig? A pig?!"

"I use my body in a very different way from people like you!"

One day, Evan and Edwin were arguing for non-trivial reasons, as usual. Neither Lariette nor Asrahan were present, nor were the attendants who usually took care of the children, so the fight grew increasingly fierce. But someone unexpected intervened to stop them—it was Estella.

"Brother, brother..."

The child, who was only a few months old, murmured "brother" with a face that didn't know what to do. At the same time, it was to increase her portion of baby food.

Faced with that appearance, Evan and Edwin stopped fighting and sat silently, no longer able to surprise their delicate sister.

Estella was a very cute girl, but at the same time, she was also the most painful child for Lariette and Asrahan.

Unlike her siblings, Estella was not born with mana or magic. It would be fortunate if she were just normal, but due to her weak body, she often suffered from illnesses.

By the time she turned three, the days when she wasn't sick were fewer than the days she was.

Sometimes, her fever would worsen, and she would wander aimlessly. Curiously, Estella was born without divine power or healing magic, and Lariette's magic worked a little, but it was best to preserve her life.

Even in the midst of scorching heat, Estella would laugh and try to ease the worries of her parents and siblings. However, her fragile figure hurt even more, causing Lariette to cry, pounding her chest alone.

"God, why are you giving us such a good child? I'd rather... I'd rather you take me instead. Please don't let Estella get sick."

Lariette would cry and pray every morning, while Asrahan held her tightly, sobbing and murmuring that everything would be alright. Could God have granted her wish? On the day Estella turned four, a miracle occurred.

"Madam, madam! The princess has divine power...!"

When Hallstein's urgent voice came rushing into Estella's room, an astonishing scene unfolded. A bright light emanated from Estella, who was asleep. A great divine power surrounded the child; she was a child beloved by God. That was Estella.

Divine power and healing magic didn't work well, and Lariette's mana drastically diminished after giving birth to Estella—all because of that. Asrahan took strong measures to ensure that the temple never found out that Estella was gifted with divine nature.