94

A part of his shoulder felt empty. Doha grabbed Lariette by the shoulder and moved as soon as the monster attacked. It was an attack he could have avoided if he were alone, but with her presence, it was impossible.

The scorpion-like monster's pointed tail pierced through Doha's shoulder. He was overcome with terrible pain and a strange sensation of a sandstorm flowing through his pierced body.

Doha clenched his teeth tightly and stifled his groans. Then, without hesitation, he moved his body. His golden eyes gleamed and focused on the monster that dared to harm him. Soon, a massive lance flew and pierced through the monster's body.

Puff!

Sacred power surged from the lance's tip and exploded the monster's body. The toxic tissue of its skin fell to the desert with a screech. Doha led Lariette into the carriage to shield her from the falling debris.

"Let's go."

As soon as Doha closed the door, he tremulously instructed the coachman to drive the carriage. They had to move quickly because he could already smell the dead monster's body, and another one could appear.

Doha, who seated Lariette in the carriage seat, knelt in front of her and breathed heavily for a while. Lariette trembled as she looked at his bleeding shoulder.

"Do... Doha, your shoulder... I need to heal it quickly!"

Was she asking him to release the restriction on his magic for treatment? Doha clenched his teeth and began to channel divine power into his palms. His focus was so intense that it was more suitable for burning his body rather than healing it. And without hesitation, he placed his palms on her shoulder.

"Ugh!"

The smell of burnt flesh permeated the air. Doha couldn't bear the pain and let out a groan. Lariette was so shocked that she couldn't say anything and could only witness the terrible spectacle. The bleeding stopped due to the pressure applied to his shoulder. Adapted to the pain, Doha slowly lifted his bowed head and fiercely gazed at Lariette with beast-like eyes.

"Are you crazy? I told you to stay in the carriage. Did you want to die?"

A fierce voice shouted at Lariette. He was angrier than ever. It didn't matter if he tried to kill him. But attempting suicide was unacceptable. Lariette began to hiccup in response to Doha's fierce reaction. Her eyes suddenly reddened.

"I... I... Doha, I'm worried about Doha..."

"Why are you worried about me in this situation?"

An angry shout resonated in the carriage. Lariette's body trembled, and soon tears began to trickle from her eyes. Lariette hiccupped exhaustively and murmured as if it were an excuse.

"Worried... dark... fighting... hic!... oh no..."

A sorrowful cry followed. Doha stiffened his body and contorted his face from the moment he saw her tears. His heart raced like crazy when he heard that she was only worried about him. The fact that she shed tears for him was somehow suspicious and unbearable. It was Doha himself who desperately wanted to cry.

"Doha, I..."

Her tear-filled purple eyes weakly looked at Doha. She continued with the question she couldn't ask before.

"Do you like me?"

That's what I wonder. Doha laughed as if he had given up. I couldn't bear the emotion any longer.

"I love you."

Doha confessed with a heavyhearted voice. Recognizing that this is a confession he will never make again and putting his heart into it.