Chapter 2

(Edited  6-20-18)

Maia and Dylan above :)

*MAIAS POV*

He wouldn't stop staring. He wasn't checking me out though.

He continued to study me as I tried to concentrate on the conversation currently taking place.

"So dear, what brings you to Thorne Bay?" Lily asks.

"I'm just visiting." My eyes flick to Dylan who is still studying me. I narrow my eyes at him slightly. His face never changes.

"Well I'm sure you can find something to do." She smiles and quickly changes the subject.

"Did you hear about Amity?" She looks to May and Jeff.

At this, Dylan flicks his attention to his mother.

"What? No..." Jeff looks concerned now. His smile disappears.

"I heard on the news that they picked up the scent of a new born. They don't know yet where it is though." She furrows her eyebrows and continues, "I hope to God that they find it." Her tone is full of worry and she looks slightly scared.

Jeff, May, and I quickly exchange a worried glance that no one notices.

"Mom, how do we even know they pose a threat? Amity hasn't shown us any proof. All we have to go on is their word." Dylans words are no doubt directed at me. If he doesn't know already, then he suspects.

Before anyone can say anything Lily's phone rings.

"Hello?"

I could hear a faint voice on the other end. A man. Maybe her husband?

"Yes we are on our way...Honey I know..."

I look at Dylan who has returned his gaze to mine. Before I can look away he flashes me his bright green irises. Panic floods my body. Yup, he knows.

"Alright. See you soon. Love you." Lily finishes her phone call and stands up from the couch. 

Dylan follows her lead but still has his eyes locked on me which are now his usual chocolate brown.

"We'll be leaving then. Thanks for letting us visit!" A grin spreads across her face and Aunt May leans in for a hug.

May and Jeff walk them to the door.

"Drop by anytime now." Aunt May says before shutting the door and waving.

When the door shuts we all let out a huge breath. I chuckle.

"She bothers me so much. I hope she doesn't drop by anytime soon." Aunt Mays smile disappears as she walks to the kitchen.

Me and Jeff exchange looks before laughing.

"She seems like an interesting character." I follow her into the kitchen.

Aunt May rolls her eyes and begins finishing dinner. We eat and talk until we are all stuffed.

"I saw Dylan staring at you the whole time." Jeff looks at me with an expression I can't read.

"Really?" My voice came out stronger than I thought but Jeff knows me too well.

"He wasn't looking at you in the way you think, though. Did something happen at the airport?" May picks up our plates and heads to the sink.

Should I tell them?

"Um...I don't know what your-"

"Stop. Just tell us." Jeffs gaze softens. I sigh, defeated.

"In the airport..." I began slowly, "I think Dylan accidentally saw my eyes..." I waited for Jeffs explosion.