Chapter 48 - Alana

The first rays of sunlight filtered through the thin, gauzy curtains and delicately kissed Alana's face, coaxing her from her restful sleep. She woke with a contented sigh, a blissful smile gracing her lips as she basked in the peaceful tranquility of the morning.

Her body felt pleasantly sore, a lingering reminder of the passionate night she had shared with Faramir. She stretched luxuriously, savoring every sensation that still lingered within her. With a soft exhale, she reached out for her lover, expecting to feel his warm, solid form beside her. But all she encountered was cool, empty sheets, reminding her that their time together had come to an end for now.

Puzzled, she sat up, hugging the covers to her bare chest. The door to the room opened suddenly. Faramir stepped into the room, a tender smile gracing his handsome face as his eyes met Alana's. In his hands, he carried a tray laden with a sumptuous breakfast - eggs, bacon, and the most wonderful smelling bread.. The aroma wafted through the room, mingling with the scent of their lingering passion.

"Good morning," Faramir greeted her, his voice soft and filled with adoration. He set the tray down on the bedside table and perched on the edge of the bed, reaching out to gently caress Alana's cheek.

Alana leaned into his touch, her heart swelling with the depth of her love for this man. "Good morning" she murmured, capturing his hand and pressing a tender kiss to his palm. "This is...nice."

Faramir's eyes sparkled with mischief as he leaned in closer, his lips a mere breath away from her lips. She leaned in, basking in the feeling of his lips on hers.

"I also had your friend bring down your pack." Faramir said, gesturing to the worn pack that was sitting on the floor beside the table. Alana's eyes widened in surprise as she glanced at the familiar pack. She had almost forgotten about her journey and the quest that lay ahead of her. The blissful moments with Faramir had temporarily erased the weight of her responsibilities.

With a sigh, she pulled away from Faramir's embrace and slipped out of the bed, the cool air caressing her bare skin. She padded over to the pack and crouched down, rummaging through its contents until she found the clothing that she wanted. A simple pair of pants and a tunic was all she would need until she could fetch her armor from her chambers. She knew she couldn't linger here much longer, no matter how much her heart yearned to stay in Faramir's arms.

Faramir approached her from behind, his strong arms encircling her waist as he pressed a gentle kiss to her shoulder. "I know we must go," he whispered, his breath warm against her skin. "But know that you will be in my thoughts as this war plays out. I fear I've grown rather attached." Alana chuckled at his choice of words.

Alana turned in Faramir's embrace, draping her arms around his neck as she gazed into his eyes. "I fear I've grown rather attached as well," she admitted softly, a wistful smile playing on her lips.

"Now you should put some clothes on before I clear this table and ravish you upon it." Faramir whispered in her ear. She blushed crimson pushing him away. He chuckled, giving her behind a light smack.

With nimble fingers, Alana hastily dressed, her cheeks flushed from Faramir's bold words that still echoed in her mind. She could feel his intense gaze upon her, a mixture of desire and amusement flickering in his eyes.

"My father has summoned me," Faramir informed her.

"I'll come with you," she replied quickly, finishing the laces on her trousers. Before darting towards the door to join him, she snatched an egg and a piece of bread from the plate he had brought. The scent of fresh bread filled her nostrils as she took a bite, relishing its warm and comforting taste before following Faramir out into the bustling streets.