5. Blocked Barriors *

"And when I get there it won't be fast enough" 

~ Renegade, Paramore

Of course, only we could be this late for the train.

Only us.

Eleven. We have to be on that train by eleven am. That's always been the rules. And it's only common sense to get to the train early.

Everybody knows this.

But here we are; two Potters and seven Weasleys, rushing frantically through Kings Cross station towards Platform nine and three quarters.

Have I mentioned the fact that we have about five minutes until the train leaves for good?

"10:58!" Mr. Weasley exclaims, as we all push through the crowds with our heavy Hogwart's trunks.

"The train will be leaving any moment!" Mrs Weasley cries, as we reach Platform 9 and 3/4.

"Fred, George, Percy, you first."

The twins run through the wall, closely followed by Percy.

A slightly nervous looking Ginny goes next, followed by Mr and Mrs Weasley.

"Let's go." I say, as all three of us begin running towards the wall.

I reach the wall and I await the strange sensation of running straight through it.

CRASH.

I run straight into the wall and I'm painfully knocked backwards. But then Ron and Harry run into the back of me, knocking all our trunks to the ground, along with our bodies.

I groan in pain, as the three of us pull ourselves to feet, moaning and grumbling in pain.

"Oi! What do you three think you're doing?" A train conductor ask/ 

"Sorry." Harry says half heartedly. "Lost control of the trolley."

The man shakes his head and walks away muttering to himself.

"Why can't we get through?" I hiss, rubbing my bruised arm.

"I don't know." Harry replies, staring at the wall.

"The gateways sealed itself for some reason." Ron adds, pushing at the wall with his hands.

The in distance, we hear a clock chime loudly, signalling a new hour.

"The train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock! We've missed it." I say, my voice a mix of sadness and anger.

"If we can't get through...maybe Mum and Dad can't get back." Ron said anxiously, sending us both worried glances.

"Maybe we should just wait by the car." Harry suggests, sounding unsure of what our next move should be.

"The car." Ron says, his eyes lighting up.
"That's genius!" I exclaim.

We grab our trolleys and run to car together, almost as if we could read Ron's mind.

We all climb the blue enchanted car and Ron takes the wheel. He starts the engine and we take off from the ground.

"You know how to use this, right?" I ask him, gripping the fabric of the seat anxiously.

"Sure, of course I do."

In hindsight, this may not be best idea.

_________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter guys.

And, I just thought I'd let you guys know that there are two new original characters coming in the next chapter :)

Also, I've began editing Book 1. I completely rewrote the Preface too, if anyone wants to go back and read it. 

*this chapter has been edited*