17

Jeonghan 

I was not in the mood for breakfast food or the cheerful pop music on the diner's speakers. For the second day in a row, I hadn't woken up with that horrible crunching sound echoing in my head. 

Instead, I'd woken up to Mina. And my asshole friend had ruined it.

"Where's your marshal shadow?" my asshole friend asked.

"Probably still in bed. Where I should be. You interrupted something."

"You should be thanking me."

"Have you lost your fucking mind?" I said just as the server approached.

"I can give you another minute," the server said hesitantly.

"Coffee. Black. Please," I added as I slid my menu to the edge of the table and glared at Minghao.

"We'll both have the smoked salmon eggs Benedict with yogurt and berries," my cockblocking friend said.

"Sure thing," the kid said before he hustled away.

Minghao had a way of intimidating and impressing people. Often both at the same time. Today, however, he was only pissing me off.

I scrubbed a hand over my face. "What the hell is going on with you?"

"I'm here to ask you that very question," he said, frowning down at his phone before tucking it into his suit jacket.

"You're like a vampire who stays up plotting how to cockblock his best friends."

"You've spent two nights in bed with her and—"

"How do you know I spent two nights in bed with her?" I interrupted.

"Two nights in bed with who?" My stupid, annoying, ill-mannered, disobedient, good-for-nothing brother slid into the booth next to me looking bothered and like he'd just rolled out of bed.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

He yawned and signalled for coffee. "Hao called. He said it was important. Two nights in bed with who?"

"I'm not talking about it. And how in the fuck do you know what my sleeping arrangements are?" I asked, turning back to Minghao.

"Information finds its way to me."

"I swear to God, if Mrs. Soo is listening at my door with a drinking glass—"

"What the hell is going on with you two?" my brother cut in.

The server returned with coffee for all.

"Can I get you anything for breakfast?" he asked Seungcheol.

"Maybe after I find out who my brother's taking to bed."

"Gosh. It's nobody's business who I'm taking to bed. What I want to know is why in the hell Minghao showed up at Mina's door at six in the morning and dragged me out of bed for fucking breakfast."

"You were at Mina's at six in the morning?" Seungcheol didn't sound happy about that.

"Frankly, I wouldn't have had to be there if my lunch with your bed-mate had gone better yesterday," Minghao said, sounding annoyed.

I was considering lunging across the table and grabbing him by the lapels of his fancy-ass suit when the server wisely decided to disappear.

"Why are we here? What are you doing having lunch with Mina? And what the fuck does that have to do with you suddenly having a hankering for eggs Benedict?"

"Why the fuck were you at Mina's at 6:00 a.m.? And the answer better not be that she's the one you're sleeping with," Seungcheol snarled.

Minghao cocked an eyebrow at me and picked up his mug. "She told you we had lunch, but she didn't tell you why? Interesting."