23

Mina

"I don't wanna go home," Seoyeon whined as I steered her toward my car in the parking lot.

"I'm hungry," Hani sang.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked Dokyeom as he began to peel off from us.

He looked guilty and nervous. "I, uh, called Chanmi and asked her if she wanted to grab dinner. And she said yes. So...I'm going to dinner with a pretty hairdresser."

Hani pounced on him. "I'm. So. Proud. Of. You," she said, slapping him in the chest on each word.

He rubbed his chest. "Ow."

"Text us every thirty seconds. Better yet, livestream your date!" Seoyeon said, bouncing on her toes.

"Oooh! Yes! We'll comment and let you know if we think it's going well," Hani chimed in.

"You sure you can handle the tipsy twins?" Dokyeom asked me.

"No. But—"

"I'm pretending you said yes," he said, backing away with a wicked grin.

"Have fun and try not to scare her off," I called after him.

Maybe Dokyeom was ready to get crushed like a spotted lantern fly, but I still wasn't convinced that vulnerability was the ultimate strength. It sounded to me more like the ultimate way to get your heart trampled.

Seoyeon grabbed Hani's arm and they both almost went down. "Oh my God. We forgot to tell her the other thing."

"Tell who what? Am I her?" I asked, steadying them on their feet.

Hani gasped, releasing a cloud of chardonnay-scented breath. "I totally forgot! We had an idea on who you could talk to about where Kwon Soonyoung might hide a car."

"Really? Who?"

"Yuta," Naomi said.

"Who?"

"He's a motorcycle club leader...er, boss? Maybe prime minister? Anyway, he knows everything that happens," Hani said.

"He knew where Hani was when she got kidnapped because he was watching Hoshi," Seoyeon filled in.

"Also, he's super nice and taught me how to play poker," Hani added.

"How do I reach this motorcycle club prime minister Yuta?" I asked.

"I have his number. Or a number. I never called it, but he gave it to me," Hani explained.

Seoyeon's eyes lit up as if inspiration had just struck. "You guys! I know this place with the best tiramisu cake in the universe."

Hani squealed. "I love cake!!"

"Is it within the tristate area?" I asked.

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

I returned to the table just as the server delivered three slices of what admittedly looked like a pretty damn good tiramisu cake.

"Did you talk to sexy, dangerous biker guy?" Seoyeon asked.

"I did not." I'd called the number Hani gave me, but after three rings, there was a beep. I'd left a vague message requesting a call back, not even knowing if it was recording what I said.

"Ohmygoodness," Hani said with her fork still in her mouth. "This is the best cake ever."

I sat down and was just picking up my fork when my phone rang. I looked at the screen.