Chapter 12: The Offer

Melissa

Morning came, and I got ready for my classes. Since Angel was trying to help me out about keeping the secret that I'm Ross' girlfriend, she helped me dye my hair from brunette to blonde. I didn't braid it, and just let it down. I put on my glasses since I really had an unclear vision, but I only used it when I'm about to read or write. Then, Angel let me borrow her brown boots and a pink loose top to complete my outfit.

"Is this me?" I say looking at the mirror.

"I told you they wouldn't recognize you. You couldn't, yourself." Angel says from behind.

Then, we leave at the same time. We have three to four same classes, and we're going to attend the first.

Here we go.

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

Every class passed in a blur. College is just how I imagined it would be. Nothing much happened. Luckily Angel's plan was a success. No one seemed to recognize me.

It was 5pm, and I was planning to go get some food to eat before going back to the dorm. I was about to enter the store when my phone vibrated.

From: Mattttt

Hey. Im pretty sure your classes are over right? Can you come over to auntie's house? I need to tell you something. Please pls pls pls.......... pls!!

Knew it. The weirdest guy just texted me. I put it back in my bag and continued to the store. I was about to buy a mini box of donuts and hot choco, but since I'm going to Matt's place I had to buy him food too.

From: Mattttt

Are you coming by? Can you inform me if you're not?

He is officially the most annoying texter ever. So, I had to reply or else he would be filling my inbox with senseless messages.

To: Mattttt

Yeah im on my way. What's gotta be so important that it really cant wait till tomorrow? Nvm, just tell me when I get there. I'll be there in 5mins

As soon as I sent the message, I was only a few blocks away from his auntie's house. I walked from Gilmon university and didn't even lose a drop of sweat. I don't get why he still chose to stay at the dorm when he has his aunt's house.

Dingdong...

"Hey," Matt says as he opens the door.

"I brought some food," I say as I raise the paper bags in my hand.

"Cool. Let's go straight to the basement,"

So I enter the house. I've been here before, but that was like eight years ago. It's still the same old cozy apartment. Nothing much to see.

We're on our way to the basement. I gotta say, I gasped as he opened the lights.

"Are these— yours?" I say as I walk towards the instruments. There was a complete drum set, bass, guitars, and a keyboard.

"Ours." He shrugs. "I'm making a band. I've already got a drummer and one guitarist, all I need is someone to play the keyboard."

I turn around to see his face. All of a sudden, I laughed.

"Are you serious? A band? Since when did you learn to play instruments? Since when did you like music?"

"People change. And I'm the vocalist anyway, no need to play instruments." He says.

After realizing that he's serious, I just stood there and stared at the instruments. Then he suddenly went to his laptop which was in front of me, and played a video.

Oh. no. It's the video of me and R5 on stage. The time when I took Rydel's place.

"Does this girl here look familliar to you?" He points at me through the screen.

"Fine. It's me. So what?" I got a bit defensive.

"Well, after watching the video I've realized how talented you are. And I need someone like you in my band." He says, arms crossed.

"I don't know." I say truthfully.

"C'mon! It's just a band. Believe me, you'll get bored. And this is something to entertain you. Please?"

"What is this? Just for fun? I don't want to waste my time and effort for things like this. We're not kids anymore Matt," I couldn't help myself.

He stood there, staring at no particular thing. I think I was too hard on him.

"I'm 18. It's not just for fun. I really wanna go through with this. Believe it or not, it's my passion. Now, if you don't want to join my band, I'll accept that. But you don't need to be too harsh on my dream."

I was left speechless. I don't know what to say.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to sound that way. It's just that—"

"I understand." He cut me off. "But if you change your mind, my 'just- for- fun- band' is always open for you.

I know he wanted me to leave. He hasn't changed at all.

"Okay. I'll go ahead." I quickly ran up the stairs and found my way to the front porch.

I felt bad for just leaving him, but I really wasn't interested in his offer. I didn't want to get his hopes too high.

Sorry.

Ross

I've just sent Melissa a copy of our newest album; sometime last night. For all I know, it's her first day in college today. I tried to call her earlier, but I guess she turned her phone off because she had classes. Such a good girl.

"A few more shows, and you'll be reunited once again," Ellington says in his narrator-voice.

"Whatever." I try not to laugh.

"No, seriously bro. You shouldn't think about it too much. The more you wait for it, the longer it gets. Just focus on something else and you'll be surprised that the tour's over and we can go to Cali already!" Ellington says.

I nod. He's right. I shouldn't think about it all the time. I should treasure every show with every fan and enjoy it.

"Thanks." I tapped his shoulder.

"I'm lucky I don't have a long distance relationship. I mean, she's always by my side. Even on stage." Ellington says boastfully.

"Yeah and she's my sister. Am I right?" I say in a strict voice.

"Woah, alright alright," We both laugh.

"Bro. Take care of Rydel alright." This time, I was serious.

"I promise dude. You can count on me,"

Then, Rocky, Rydel, Riker and Ryland suddenly chimed in.

"What kind of heart-to-heart talk is this?" Rocky teases.

I was about to say something sarcastic when Alyssa entered the room.

"Bad news," She nervously says.