Chapter 19: The Truth

Melissa

It's been three since our fight. Since our break up. I'm here at the hospital, watching over Matt. He hit his head quite hard, and he still hasen't woke up. So I'm here watching over him.

I was about to go out, when I saw his eyes open.

"Matt!" I run towards his bed.

"Melissa? What are you doing here?" He says in disbelief.

"This is Ross' fault. He did this to you, and I'm here to take care of you." I say.

Matt suddenly runs his hands over his face and over his hair stressfully.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Did you get mad at Ross?" He says.

"Yes. I broke up with him." I say firmly, but there's a pinch in my heart.

"No, you shouldn't have. I- I deserve this." He starts tearing up.

"What do you mean?"

He lets out a deep sigh and closes his eyes.

"I posted the edited photo. I was the one who made the issue that you were cheating on Ross. I'm the reason why the whole campus attacked you..." He trails off.

"W-why?!" I say in disbelief.

"Maia's a close friend of mine, and she wants to get you two separated. I guess Ross found out from Maia, and let go of all his anger on me. He was only protecting you." He couldn't look into my eyes.

"H-how could you? I thought you were my friend..." I broke down.

"I'm sorry, I regret everything! I don't know what got into me," He says.

"I lost Ross because of you!" I started to shout.

"Shout at me, hit me, do whatever you want. I deserve it Melissa, I'm sorry..." He begs me.

All I could do was run to the balcony and shout all I want. After a few seconds, I stopped. I realized that there's something else more important to do.

"I'll be back." I say as I exit the room.

Then, I received a text from Alyssa. It seems like she has been calling me for six times already.

From: Alyssa

The Lynchs are moving out. They're on their way to the airport right now, I hope you could atleast talk things out with them, most of all Ross.

I gasped as I read the message. So, I hurridly grabbed a cab and went to the Lynchs.

"Hurry up.." I mutter.

As I get there, I run until I make it to the front porch. The door was open, so I went right in. But then I heard a car from outside. I hurridly exit the house and spot the Lynchs van.

"Ross!!" I say as I run after the speeding car.

"Ross!!!"

But it was too late. The van completely vanished from my vision, leaving me on the road.

"Melissa!"  Someone from behind calls me.

"Alyssa," I say as I turn around.

"What are you doing here?" She says, taking my hand.

"I-I wanted to talk to Ross. But I guess it's too late." I say as tears rolled down my cheeks.

Alyssa gives me a hug, which I needed the most.

"I wanted to say sorry..." I say with loud sobs between every word.

"It's alright..." Alyssa calms me down.

Ross

In no time, we make it to the airport. The passed few days, we thought that California was too far away from the places we needed to be in. So, we're moving out. And maybe I'm doing Melissa a favor too. 'Space' was what she asked from me. So, I'm giving it to her.

"Ross," A familliar voice says as we get out from the van.

"Maia?" I ask in shock.

"I-I'm here to apologize. For everything I've done between you and Melissa." She says, looking straight into my eyes.

I sighed.

"Why would you even do that to her?" I ask.

"Because I thought I wanted you back. But I know now, that you two are perfect for each other." She confesses.

"Too bad, 'us' don't exist anymore." I say, lost in my own thoughts.

"What?" Her eyes furrowed.

"Ross, let's go." Riker calls me.

"I have to go Maia. Oh, and I think Melissa's the right person to apologize to." I say before leaving.

"I will,"  She says before I entered the airport.