Four

Ashitaka

"Open up! It's me! Ashitaka!" I shouted. A friend of mine opened it. "Ashitaka! It's really you! Is that beast gone?" he asked. I nodded. Then I showed him the wound. "Not again!" He stared at it in surprise. I nodded sadly. Then everyone came out, asking a million questions about what happened. My friend brought me to see the oracle.
~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ahhhhhhh, Ashitaka. I haven't seen you in a long time," says the oracle. I nod. I quickly explain what happened to her and she frowns upon looking at the wound. She placed her hand over the area and muttered something in her breath. "Oh dear! This is even more serious than the other one! Ten more bites from a demonic creature you will die! It's bad luck, this I banished you a long time ago from our village, " She wailed. She immediately took some special water and poured it over my wound. I felt something warm and fuzzy, and for the first time, I examined my wound. It was bad. It looked somewhat alike to the one I got before and would spread to the rest of my body and leave me to die like the other did, this one was grey and the oracle also said that it would spread quicker. I groaned. "Do I have a cure?" I asked, hoping for an answer. "Hmmmmm, let me see," she said. She took out some of her 'balls of fortune' and rolled it round the table. "Hmmmmm...it tells me that this can only be healed by someone you know well. Let me concentrate," she was very still for awhile. Then she spoke.
" The cure lies from the directions of the earth.
It may be from the North, the east, the south, the west.
It roams around and protects, but does not know its own kind.
The cure is true, the true of one; the blend of true, positive mixed feelings will destroy the curse. "
"I have a feeling that it moves around, protecting its land and tries to guard its family and close ones. Well, the rest you have to figure out yourself, for I do not know what the rest means," In my mind, I was thinking of the possibilities of what type of creature it was. "Well, you'd better get going. Something tells me that you have less than 2 months to live. Farewell, Ashitaka. You have been brave- once again risking your life to save others. We will meet again. Now go! And you have my blessings!" The oracle waved goodbye and I bowed.