Chapter 1: The Job Application

Rena stood before the towering glass doors of Business Enterprises, her heart steady but her mind alert. This was the opportunity she had been preparing for-a chance to work at one of the largest companies in the city. The company was known for its success, led by the elusive and powerful billionaire, Filip. Rarely did he conduct interviews personally, but today, he would be the one evaluating her.

Walking through the sleek hallways, she absorbed the grandness of her surroundings, but remained focused. She wasn't here to be impressed by the luxurious atmosphere; she was here to prove her worth.

The office doors opened, revealing a large, sunlit space with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the city. Behind the expansive desk sat Filip, his sharp eyes meeting hers the moment she entered. He was as intimidating as she had imagined-tall, with an air of authority that seemed to fill the room.

Rena's POV

So, this is Filip, she thought, keeping her composure. I've worked hard for this moment. I'm ready.

"Miss Rena," Filip greeted her, his voice deep and controlled. "Your qualifications are impressive, but this interview is about more than your resume. I want to see how you handle real challenges."

"I'm ready," Rena responded confidently, meeting his gaze. She wasn't here to be intimidated; she was here to prove her capabilities.

Filip wasted no time, presenting her with a series of complex business scenarios, financial problems, and ethical dilemmas. Each question was designed to test her critical thinking, problem-solving, and ability to handle high-pressure situations. Rena tackled each challenge with precision, her responses calculated and insightful.

Filip's POV

Most people would have cracked by now, Filip thought, watching her closely. But she's different. Calm. Smart. She knows exactly what she's doing. Her answers were not only correct but innovative, and her poise under pressure intrigued him more than he had expected.

As she completed the final challenge, Filip leaned back in his chair, silently impressed. There was something about her-a quiet strength that captivated him.

"Very impressive," he said, standing and walking toward her. "You've handled these tests better than most. You're different."

Filip's POV

She's not just capable. She's strong, resilient. Exactly what I need-and more, he thought, feeling a growing possessiveness over her. I want her-not just for the company.

He stepped closer, his gaze intense and unwavering. "You have a rare quality, Rena. Strength and intelligence combined-qualities I admire."

Rena met his gaze, sensing a shift in the atmosphere. His interest wasn't just professional anymore, and she could feel it. The air between them felt charged, and her instincts told her that this was more than just a job interview.

"Thank you. Mr, Filip," Rena replied, her voice steady, though she couldn't ignore the possessiveness in his eyes.

As she turned to leave, she felt his gaze following her, a sense of ownership in the way he watched her. She had passed the test, but she knew this was just the beginning of something far more complicated than she had anticipated.