Chapter 16: The Announcement

Rena's POV

I stood in the middle of the lavish bedroom, trying to steady my breath. Paris still didn't feel real, and the weight of everything I'd left behind was crushing me. I needed time-time to figure out what my life had become. I felt trapped, but I kept telling myself that I had at least saved Friend. That was my only comfort.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Filip walked in. His brown eyes glimmered with excitement, a look I had learned to fear. I didn't like the way he watched me-like I was his possession, not a person.

"Rena," he said calmly, his voice laced with authority. "There's something I've been planning, and now's the right time to tell you."

I stiffened. "What is it?"

He stepped closer, taking my hand in his. "Our wedding," he said smoothly. "It's happening soon. Very soon."

I froze, my mind reeling. Our wedding? The words hit me like a shockwave. We hadn't even discussed marriage. How could he just decide that?

"Our wedding?" I repeated, trying to make sense of his words. "Filip, I...we haven't even talked about this!"

His hand tightened around mine, his brown eyes darkening. "Yes, honey, our wedding. You chose me. You're mine now, and I'm not waiting any longer. You're going to be my wife."

I felt a wave of panic rise in my chest. This was too much, too fast. I hadn't signed up for this. I had chosen him to protect Friend, but I never agreed to become his wife so suddenly.

"But Filip," I stammered, "I'm not ready. You can't just-"

"Rena," he cut me off, his tone firm but not harsh. "You're ready. You belong to me, and we're going to make it official. The wedding is already being planned."

Filip's POV

The shock in her eyes was exactly what I expected, but she'd come around. She always did. I knew this might overwhelm her at first, but Rena had to understand-it was her fate to be with me. I wouldn't let her go now.

"You don't need to worry, honey," I said softly, brushing her cheek. "You knew this was coming. I won't wait any longer. You're mine, and you'll be my wife soon."

I could see the panic in her eyes, but I also knew her well enough to see the cracks forming. Rena was strong, but deep down, she wanted security. She wanted someone to take care of her, even if she didn't want to admit it yet. And I was going to make sure that someone was me.

Rena's POV

My heart pounded in my chest. Filip was serious-he wasn't going to wait, and he wasn't going to let me have a say in this. It was like the walls were closing in, and I had no way out.

"I never agreed to marry you," I said, my voice shaking. "I chose to stay because of Friend, not because I wanted this."

His expression hardened, and his grip on my hand became firmer. "You agreed when you chose me, honey," he said, his voice low but commanding. "You belong to me now. There's no turning back."

I stared up at him, my body trembling as reality set in. Filip wasn't just possessive-he was determined to make me his, no matter what. I felt like my freedom was slipping further away with each passing second.

"The wedding is happening," he continued, his voice softening slightly as he pulled me closer. "You'll be my wife, and no one will come between us."

I swallowed hard, my mind racing. I had made my choice, but now I wondered if I could live with it.