Chapter 3 (Book 2)

“What?” Arthur shrieked.

“Leclerc is a common last name in France, non?” Pierre asked, looking at Logan awkwardly.

Logan felt unease creeping in as all the boys suddenly stared at him. He regretted opening his mouth. “I have no idea, man. I don’t visit France often enough to know,” he said, trying to appear nonchalant, hiding the anxiety building inside.

“Besides, you don’t have any hidden brothers, do you, Charles?” Yuki nudged Charles, who was staring at Arthur, as if trying to help Logan out.

“Actually…” the predestined started, still looking at Arthur with a worried expression, as if trying to convey this as lightly as possible. “I have an adoptive brother, Lorenzo. He’s older than me, of course, and he has no magical talent. That’s all I knew until… last year.” The Monegasque began, looking from Arthur to the ground and back.

The atmosphere grew tense as all the boys stared at Charles expectantly.

“I didn’t know I was a wizard, so when I got my first letter, I was confused. Alonso and Webber came to explain everything to me, and even before that, my papa, Jules, had told me that my parents had two sons.” Charles stated, making the atmosphere even tenser.

“So… you have another brother?” Oscar shrugged. “What do you know about him?” Arthur asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

“Not much,” Charles admitted. “Jules told me he was a little baby when they last saw him, even smaller than I was. I think he was about a year younger too.” Charles admitted.

The boys just stared between Arthur and Charles, the two potential brothers.

“Not to alarm anyone,” Nico said with a grin. “But you two do look alike. And have similar voices.”

“Nicolas!” Kevin shouted, punching the German in the shoulder.

“Sorry,” Nico chuckled. “But I mean, Kev, you told me you got Arthur when he was barely four months old, right? So, it is believable, don’t say it isn’t.”

“How about we ask Checo?” Oscar suggested calmly. The boys murmured in agreement while Kevin continued glaring at Nico. They tried to resume watching the series that had been abandoned the moment Logan asked that fateful question.

“But pookie! You promised that you wouldn’t hurt them,” the blonde princess said, clinging to Prince Charming's arm.

“Not here, kitten whiskers. Daddy will discuss it later,” the prince replied, glaring at the group.

“Is he… her father?” Arthur asked, his face scrunched up in confusion.

“No,” Nico chuckled, continuing to explain under Kevin’s careful glare. “Some people like to call their partners that. But it’s mostly adults who do it.”

He winked at Kevin, who scoffed and rolled his eyes, trying to hide his reddening face. Logan laughed a little, sharing a look with Oscar.

“I bet you’re speaking from experience,” Yuki grinned from his place by Pierre’s side. Pierre snorted, looking at his brother, who was turning redder by the second.

“I’m sorry?” Nico coughed, having almost choked on his soda.

“You are an adult, no?” Oscar joined in the teasing. “And I’m pretty sure you’re dating Kevin—”

Before Oscar could finish or Kevin could die of embarrassment, the door opened, silencing them.

“All right, children,” Jenson said with a smile, completely unaware that two boys were silently thanking him for the interruption. “Tomorrow, we will split up. Some will go with me,” he grinned, “the ones taking the train—Oscar, Arthur, Logan, and you two boys,” he gestured to Kevin and Nico, both still slightly red. “You wanted to go too, right?”