Prologue (Book 2)

,,Logan!" Jenson shouted from the kitched. ,,There's an owl!" Logan scrambled from his bed on the 1st floor and rushed downstairs. He turned 13 yesterday, and had a party. Well, Oscar and Fred were there. Fred had long gone home, his parents decided travell to Denmark this morning, to visit his family. Oscar, his best friend, had stayed, and is currently sleeping soundly in Logan's bed.

When Logan came into the kitchen, almost falling twice, he saw the owl. It was a common one here in England, he had seen his father sending them a few times. It had a letter tied to its leg. ,,Go open it, please." Jenson asked him, while he was preparing the batter for waffles.

With shaking hands, he carefully undid the tie around the owls leg, and immediately, it flew right back out of the window. He jumped, as he hadn't expect that reaction. ,,Did I hurt it?" He asked, voice small and sad. Jenson put down the batter and looked at his son with a soft smile, shaking his head. ,,Oh no, they tend to do that when they aren't expecting a payment." He explained to his son, and ruffled his hair. Logan nodded and he carefully opening the letter.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster: Mattia Binotto
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
Dear Mr. Sargeant,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,
Mattia Binotto
Headmaster of Hogwarts

Logan couldn't hold the scream of pure joy even if he tried. ,,What's happening?" Asked Oscar, who apparently came downstairs somewhere in the meantime Logan read his letter. He looked like a koala, sleepy. He rubbed his eyes, and then raised and eyebrow, expecting an answer.

,,I've been accepted! I'm going to Hogwarts!" Logan answered his best friend with a huge smile. Oscar's eyes widened and then he jumped on him, hugging him tightly. ,,Congrats!" The Aussie squeezed his shoulders. ,,I cannot wait to get mine." ,,You will get yours soon." Logan ruffled his hair. ,,And we will spend the next seven years together!" He pulled back from Oscar, staring him right in the eyes. ,,You promise?" He asked, a small smile on his lips.

,,I promise." Oscar replied with a grin.

———————————————————————————————

4 months and 6 days later, Logan saw Oscar opening his own letter, and was there to hug him tightly. Logan so couldn't help to see (and study😒) at Hogwarts. 1st of September couldn't come soon enough.