Chapter 1: Soul Mates

Eva's P.O.V.

My lungs felt as if they were about to burst. I continued to run, my legs hurting with every mile. I stopped and leaned on a tree, knowing I couldn't run anymore. I groaned, knowing what I had to do. I threw my back pack into a tree and pulled my shirt over my head, letting my wings spring free from my skin. I flew in the air and settled on a branch, taking in a deep breath. Girard's mutts circled the tree when new scents circled around me. Soon three large, black wolves circled the four brown wolves that were hell bent on getting me. The largest wolf growled, the earth trembled but I felt safe in a way. An intoxicating smell made me light headed and I gripped the tree for support. The largest wolf transformed back into his human form and I wanted to do very naughty things to him. "You have crossed over into Blood Moon territory. The penalty is death," Girard's wolves ran at him but he quickly shifted back into his wolf. He killed two of the four wolves while the other black wolves fought with the others. I covered my mouth to old in a scream as the leader ripped off the head of the last of Girard's wolf. The black wolves stood underneath the tree, snarling at me.

"Damn it," I whispered looking down at them, the largest wolf wasn't growling though but his shoulders were tense. I pulled my shirt back over my head and weighed my options. I could either fly away or get ripped to pieces, although a part of me had a weird feeling that the largest wolf wouldn't let them hurt me. I inhaled trying to calm myself but it wasn't working, that scent made me shiver all over. Just before I made my decision on what to do a loud, high pitched shriek pierced my ears. I held my ears with my hands and crouched, the sound making my ears bleed. Before I knew it the world went black and I felt as if I was falling, falling to somewhere unknown.

Axel's P.O.V.

I caught her before she hit the ground and electricity surged through my veins. "Damn," I whispered as Logan, my beta, shifted back into his human form. "Run ahead, we need Natalie's help." Logan nodded before shifting and taking off with the other wolves towards the pack house. The woman in my arms squirmed but stayed asleep, there was blood on her ears and my blood boiled. She had blonde hair and perfect lips, she was beautiful... she was mine. I walked up the steps to the pack house as my sister, Natalie, walked out of the kitchen with a gasp.

"What happened?" She asked as I walked up and into my room. I set my mate in my bed and slipped on black, basketball shorts as my sister felt my mate's forehead.

"She was in a tree, some wolves chased her up there," I replied as I stared at my mate. How did she get up there? "We killed the trespassing wolves and waited for her to come down. She fell out of the tree for some reason. Natalie," my sister looked up at me with a confused look on her face. "Please, take good care of her."

"Of course," she whispered as I turned and closed the door behind me, my heart aching as I walked away from the one person that could save me from myself.

Eva's P.O.V.

I inhaled the most intoxicating scent and curled up into a ball, loving how the plushy blanket kept me warm. "Good, you're finally coming to. I was starting to worry," a woman with green eyes and light brown hair said feeling my forehead. Instinct kicked in, I grabbed her arm, and wrapped my legs around it, stretching it across my body. Then I flipped over her and her arm twisted behind her back.

"Show me the way out of here, now." I said my eyes shifting to their golden/ red color. I shook my head trying to not let them show. Normal wolves either had red or blue eyes, but I wasn't a normal wolf. I stood her up and we walked out of the room, down a pair of stairs, and to a front door.

"Natalie..." a growl erupted from a man that was standing behind me. I spun around and a man with bright blue eyes and shaved blonde hair had his claws and fangs out. "Let her go!"

"Logan, calm down. She's just scared, go get Axel." Natalie said calmly, they must be mates and he must be a beta. Before he even moved that intoxicating scent flooded me and strong arms wrapped around my waist.

"Let go, angel." The man behind me whispered and my arms felt like jello making my hold loosen, Natalie got out of my grasp and Logan bowed his head at the man behind me before checking to see if his mate was harmed. Natalie rolled her eyes and turned to me.

"I'm Natalie, please let me make sure you are healthy." She smiled, she must be the pack doctor.

"I'm fine, I must be going." I said and a growl rumbled through the man's chest behind me as his hold got tighter.

"You are not to leave." He ordered and my stubbornness took hold. I relaxed my body and with one fluid motion I kicked the man's legs out from under him. He hit the ground with a thud and I didn't hesitate to bolt out the front door. I ran as fast as I could until I almost reached the edge of Blood Moon Territory. My hope was short lived when a familiar scent made me stop dead in my tracks. In the distance Girard stood with his arms folded and an evil grin.

"As soon as you cross the lines you are mine, my prize." His voice made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

"Where do you think you are going?" My mate's voice growled as I saw him come towards me from the corner of my eye.

"Back to the house," I said spinning and I crashed into him. I almost fell straight on my ass but his hands shot out and grasped my hips, pulling me flush against him, we were so close that our lips were almost touching. He stared down at me with his steel like eyes and I wanted to kiss him but I remembered the audience we had. "I'm Eva," I whispered as I ducked out of his grip and started walking back to the house.

"Axel," I heard from behind me and I held in a tear. I tattooed my mate's name in my brain because as soon as Girard was gone, so was I.