Chapter 12: Treasure Hunt

Eva's P.O.V.

I hit my head on a glass window as we hit a bump. "Ow," I groaned rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry, Eva." Nat sighed as trees whipped past. "We'll stop at the next rest area, we're almost to my grandparents anyway."

"Okay," I sighed as I looked out the window.

"I'm sorry, Eva. I know how much you hate this." She sighed as I wrapped my arms around myself.

"Yea, well, it's better than my baby being hurt." I sighed as a black SUV flew past us. "Someone's in a hurry." I scoffed as it swerved in front of us and slammed on the breaks.

"What the fuck?!?" Nat slammed on her breaks but the ice on the roads prevented a full stop as we hit the SUV.

"Nat?" I groaned as her head laid on the horn. There was suddenly a high pitched shriek that didn't sound like Michael. "Ugh," I groaned as someone picked me up bridal style, my skin felt hot and I tried getting away but everything went black.

Axel's P.O.V.

"Axel, have you heard from Nat or Eva?" Logan asked as he, my mom, my dad, and Esther walked into my office.

"No, why?" I stood from my seat as my mom sighed.

"I haven't heard from them, they should've been there by now." She took out her phone but there was no answer.

"That's it, I'm heading to them." Esther said grabbing keys to the other car.

"I'll come with," I said as Logan agreed. "Dad can you..."

"I'll hold down the fort, go." He said as my mother shook her head.

"I'll try finding them in my dreams, if I find anything I'll call." She sighed heading to her room as we left. I couldn't stop fidgeting as we drove and my heart stopped as we saw Natalie's car stopped in the middle of the rode, crashed into a black SUV.

"Natalie!" Logan shouted not waiting for the car to stop before jumping out and running to the car. Esther and I followed as Logan tore the driver's door open, pulling an unconscious Natalie out of the car and laying her on the asphalt. "Natalie, open your eyes." Logan choked out brushing her hair out of her face. I checked the passenger side but the door was already ajar, with no sign of Eva.

"Shit!" I growled punching the side of the car.

"Logan," Natalie choked trying to sit up. "Fuck, my head."

"Don't you could have a concussion." I said as Logan tried laying her back down.

"I'm so sorry, Axel, I couldn't stop the guy from taking her." She sobbed and I shook my head. "He picked her up and started walking that way."

"You two take her home," I stated standing.

"Hell no, Esther will take me home." Logan started to protest when Natalie smacked him on the arm. "If you don't go find her you'll sleep on the couch forever." Logan nodded before picking her up and placing her in the back of the car.

"Keep her safe, Es." Logan sighed as he walked over to me.

"Ready for blood?" I asked and he nodded.

"I want this bastard dead." He snarled as we took off into the woods to find my Eva.

Esther's P.O.V.

"Aunt Cassie! Laura! Aunty! Mom!" I shouted as they all came running to the foyer. Cassie gasped at the sight of her daughter as they helped me bring her I to the living area. "Logan and Axel went to find Eva."

"I'm getting Theo, go get Asher. You go get Sam and you get Fallon. Go!" Cassie sighed before looking at me. "Stay with her." I did but felt helpless.

"She has a busted artery," I spun to see Jace standing at the doorway. "She won't last, even with everyone here."

"She can't die, Logan can't lose her and I can't lose my best friend." I choked as he walked over to me and wiped a tear away.

"You won't," he waved his hand over Natalie's head while his palm glowed gold. "She'll be fine, mild concussion at the worst." Natalie gasped awake and I hugged her.

"Thank..." I turned but my mate was gone.