Moon..

Farzath's POV

I was looking at the moon,bringing back mine and Amani's cute childhood moments. How we used to stare at it together. Suddenly soft fingers were interwined with my rough ones, her head rested on my shoulders.

"Remember how we used to look at the moon together and share our feelings to each other when we were small?" She asked

"I do remember Aman, but i thought you forgot" i told her.

She moved a few steps and stood in front of me, cupped my face in her small, soft palms.

"Iam sorry Farzath, iam really very sorry for ignoring you, i know you texted me and also tried to contact me but i ignored you. Iam sorry that i was too much into Hamza at that time.

Iam sorry i didn't realize your value and the care you had towards me. Iam feeling very guilty for what i had done.
I avoided you people, the ones who were there for me and who were with me in every circumstances, for a person who came mid way in my life. Iam really sorry Farzath. I know my apology is nothing compared to how i made you feel. But even after that you still care for me." She started to cry.

I regretted my words. I didn't tell them to make her cry. I just wanted her to know that i care for her. I pulled her into a hug. She huggee me back tight.

"Iam really very sorryy" she sobbed on my chest.

"Shhh, it's okay. Look at me" i tried comforting her.

She looked up, into my eyes intently. I wiped the tears that was escaping her eyes.

"Shall we look at the moon, i have so much to tell you and i guess you too have" i said trying to bring her back.

"Of course yes, suree! Eager to listen to you" she said, her face breaking into a smile.

I took her near me putting my arms around her waist protectively. She rested her head on my shoulders and we looked at the moon.

"Remember the day you left class saying that you have a different class at that time?" I asked her.

"Mmmm" she replied.

"After you left, i felt very lonely in class. I didn't have company, and i only attended classes with the intention of seeing you. Everytime i ring your house bell, i expect you to open the door for me. I remember once you opened but you weren't bothered to look up, because you were busy typing a reply on whatsapp.

Time passed that way, and one day i found you sitting on the steps, deep in your thoughts. Later you were locked in your room and i never easily got a chance to see you. Luck by chance when i walk down the stairs, if someone open your room door, I'd steal a glance.

I missed you a lot. Later i had finished the course with your sister, so i had no more chances to see you. One day i visited your place with the intention to see you. I missed you a lot, i couldn't concentrate. When i came and asked about you, your Dad said that you are living separately with your friend, and it's been around one year since you've moved. He was very worried and he missed you too." I opened up finally.

She hugged me by the side and sobbed on my shoulder. I raised her head by holding up her chin.

"It's never late, you can go home when we return. What do you say?" I asked her hopefully.

"Hmm..yeah, ill think about it." She replied.

"Okay now go sleep. Don't worry about anything okay. Iam always there for you" i assured.

"Thank..." i put my index finger over her lips, and didn't let her finish.

"From when did you start this habit of thanking your best friend, huh?? Its my duty as a best friend to be there for you, with you, in every circumstances. Got it?"

"Yes boss!" She replied with a chuckle.

"Okay come, iam tired" i whinned

I took her to her room, and when i was about to leave she called me.

"Farzath"

"Yep,what's it?" I asked

"Good night" she wished

"Good night to you too, and devil dreams" i wished back with a chuckle

"You.." she threw a pillow at me. I caught it quickly and we laughed. How soothing it is to see her laugh?

I layed on my bed and felt very happy. She is moving little by little. I hope in shaa Allah she moves on totally.

Amani's POV

I woke up suddenly and couldn't sleep back. I thought of spending time with Zainab but her room lights were off, so i assumed that she was asleep. Farzath's room lights were on, so i knocked on his door but there was no reply. I opened it but he was nowhere in the room. I walked towards the balcony and found him standing there, looking at the moon.

An image of how we used to stand and look at the moon, sharing our emotions, came into mind. I went and stood near him, interwhining my fingers with his, and resting my head on his shoulders, like i usually do in our childhood.

"Remember how we used to look at the moon and share our feelings to each other, when we were small?" I asked him thinking of the sweet memories.

"I do remember Aman, but i thought you forgot." He replied.

A sudden realization hit my mind. I ignored him, i ignored Rikaz. They tried contacting me, but i ignored them. I was too much into Hamza, i gave all importance to him. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, i cupped his face in my palms and apologized to forgive me for what i had done.

I felt guilty for ignoring them. They were there for me always but i pushed them away for a person who came mid way in my life. I didn't understand their value and the care.

Farzath hugged me and comforted me. Farzath's hugs always feel magical for me, it gives me peace and comfort, a kinda feeling I've never felt in other hugs. Later he shared all that happened to him durung the time i missed with him.

I realized how much he had missed me and tried to see me. He has noticed every step. The time i was chatting with Hamza ignoring them, the time i had to leave Hamza, the time after i left Hamza, and the time i moved with Zainab to another house because i couldn't bear the questions my parents were shooting at me, and i had no courage to answer it.

He asked whether i wanted to go home back again. I said that ill think about it, but i wanted to go. I bidded him good night.

"Good night...devil dreams" he replied with a chuckle

This guy has got the nerve to be evil at this time of the day.

"You..." i threw a pillow at him. I throw whatever that is reacheable at him, when he says stuffs like this. I miss those moments with Farzath.