The night and realization...

Amani's POV

I couldn't sleep that night. I felt odd to sleep at home with knowing Farzath is not with me at home sleeping in the next room. I rolled left and right but I just couldn't sleep. I couldn't believe what's going to happen and what has already happened.

My childhood best friend, the guy whom I've had unforgettable memories and bloopers, the guy who comforted me whenever I was sad and weeped in childhood, the guy to whom I share all my feelings and deeper thoughts, and tomorrow that very guy is going to take the place of my husband, my prince charming, the love of my life.

I've had my love around me, with me for the whole of my life and I never realized it. Instead I have been searching for it in different other places. I turned to my left and stared at my dress which I'll be wearing for tomorrow. A day every girl is waiting for to be called as a special occasion. I'm going to have mine tomorrow with my best friend.

Thoughts of the past suddenly started coming crashing down on in me. Haven't I moved fully??? Haven't I recovered yet totally? Did I make a wrong decision by refusing Hamza even after I got a chance? Do I still hold love for him? Did he still love me?

My head started to ache. Why was I suddenly feeling all this? What's happening to me?
Have I really given my whole heart to Farzath or are there still remains for Hamza? Do Doi love Farzath in truth or is it the affection I have towards him as a best friend?

I couldn't bear all these thoughts. I pulled my mobile from under my pillow and texted Farzath.

Amani hey

Farzath your awake too huh?

Amani I need you by my side right now!

Farzath to your backyard right now

Amani sure

Farzath's POV

I just couldn't sleep. I close my eyes and it's her image that forms. I was so excited. I couldn't thank enough for Allah. My first crush, my first love, the girl I fell for in my early 14s, the girl I've dreamt to spend my life with, is going to be my wife tomorrow. A dream come true.

While all these thoughts flooded my mind, my phone vibrated and the notification bar showed that it was a message from my girl.

Amani I need you by my side right now!

That's it! Something is wrong.

I got out of bed and sneaked out my house like a little rat and jogged to her house's backyard. She was already there. I walked behind her, and when I got closer I heard sobs. It broke my heart, I never want her to cry, she must be happy.

"Aman?" I called her.

She turned to face me with tears flowing down her cheeks, her face tired of this distress. She had a weak look. My eyes turned wide when I saw her. This is not how is expected to see her the night before our Nikah.

She looked at me for a moment, and then ran to me and hugged me tight. She started sobbing harder on my chest. I hugged her back tight and let her cry. I did not ask her anything, I just let her cry. Let her put it all down.

After half an hour of crying, she finally stopped and looked up at me loosening herself from the hug. She turned away from me, looking up at the sky..

"Why Farzath? Why is my past not leaving me? Why is that the thoughts of my past find its way back to me? Why doesn't it let me move on? Why do I feel incomplete?"

She asked still looking at the sky. I wish I proposed to her the day I fell for her and never let her go through all that which she went.

I walked to her and hugged her from behind. She looked up at my face, into my eyes. I could see unconditional pain in it. Then she turned front and started gazing back at the sky. I rested my chin on her shoulder and stared at the sky. After a good two hours standing that way, she looked up at me, with heavy eyes and a puppy face.

"Iam sleeeeeppppyyyy!" She whined.

I smiled at her. She turned to face me and rested her head on my chest. I carried her back to her room, rested her on her bed and when I was about to close the door behind me, I heard someone cough. Oops! Am I caught sneaking into the bride's room.

After the preparations our parents set a strict rule that we'll not be seeing each other even in the forms of best friends.

I turned to look who it was, and found her dad decending down the stairs, he didn't show any signs of having noticed me. I slipped back into Amani's room and sat on the armchair that layed near her book shelf.

Looking at her sleeping peacefully makes me happy. But I realized today that yes she loves me, but she was not ready for marriage and to move in with me totally. She needed time for it. To accept it.

I decided to myself that I will not ask her to move in with me, to share a room with me, and be the wife kind of way. She needed time for it. I'd prefer we all live in that house of her's and zain's. The four of us, and when she wishes to and agrees to stay with me, then afterwards I'll will be the waleema ceremony.

Her happiness and comfortability is all that matters.