🌿summer camps been weird :(

Mom gazed across the road as she drove to Shamineau Camp, the COOLEST summer camp in Minnesota!! :D

I had to BEG my mom to let me go. It's been totally worth it, and I'm not even here yet!!

Part of the reason why I had to go is because I have a secret..

...by the way, just so you know, I know you're reading this.

you already knew I knew you were snooping in a journal that is very obviously not for you, right??
soo uhhh.. :]

Basically, do you get that you've been CAUGHT?!

FOR YOUR CRIME ?!

no..??

WELL YOU SHOU

Finally, we parked in the driveway, and she closed the car door in front of me.

I opened the car door and stepped outside, feeling hot air brush through my dark curls.

My mom always wear sweaters and jeans, like it's snowing.

Which I DO know it snows constantly around here, I promise we do NOT have cold summers.

I wish!! >O<

Me and my mom went into the summer camp to check me in, and I happily skipped while my mom silently sauntered in.

She went to a desk where a lady was and started writing papers.

I drummed my fingers on the desk beside mom excitedly.

Eventually, my mom got everything done and told me ONE thing.

Like, she made sure it stuck, because she said it 3 times..

"Evelyn, I'm giving you this telephone, okay? Please put it near your bed. Call me every night and if I call you, it's a emergency. Listen to what I say well on the telephone."

Basically just imagine this on repeat, and that's what the past minute's been.

Then she left, and I felt really excited! :D

I knew I would get a friend soon.

My first week there was definitely a learning experience, for sure..

I would run to every kid I knew that DIDN'T look busy, and fully introduce myself.

"Hello, I'm Evelyn Smith! I'm really interested in writing and drawing!! What's your name??"

First I assumed they were shy.

But after the 100 millionth time somebody looked at me weirdly, like I was a FREAK.

Which, by the way, I am NOT! >:[

Right ?!?

In fact, after a while, I started thinking about just leaving summer camp.

I mean, don't tell my mom this, but I was kinda wanting friends more than anything, you know?

So there I sat, on the edge of my bed, about to pick up my telephone and just say it ! :(

Then I'd just say nobody's trying to be my friends, and hopefully she'd just let me.

What if I regretted this?

Was it so bad I had to just quit it entirely?

Was it actually?

...