🌿..alex?!..

And soon, it was officially the last day of summer camp!

Which of course meant FALL was almost here!!

And also ?!?

My BIRTHDAY WAS SOON.

I know, guys!! BIRTHDAYS!!! I'LL BE 12. SO COOL.

September 8th !! I was BORN in 1978 !! :)

Alex's birthday is in June !!

AND YOU KNOW WHAT'S COOL ??

My birthday is in a WEEK.

It's currently August 30 !!

Me and Alex are also still friends!! :D

Since later I'm gonna totally want to know how summer camp went, my ratings are..
The people there, like the kids my age, are totally a 4/10.

I hate to be so harsh, but these people were so mean!

At least Alex forgave me.

He's very great, himself. I'm glad I went specifically so I could meet him. I came with no friend, left with a friend!!

See! Some friends DON'T have a crush on the other.

..Unlike some people I know..

ANYWAYS!!

I passed him my telephone number and where I live IN Minnesota!

Here's what I know about him:

First, he's 12 !! Second, his birthday's in June! And he lives FOREVER AWAY FROM HERE.

Apparently he lives in Perham, which by the way! If you don't know much about Minnesota, it's about a HOUR away from the camp.

I'm in Staples, so I'm about 20 minutes away..

So I took my telephone by my bed and dialed my mom's number.

Again, it couldn't even ring.

"Hey, Evelyn. Today's your last day, right? What are you going to be doing??" She asked, her voice filtering through the telephone.

"Oh, I know, mom. Can you pick me up? I'll be ready tonight."

"Any exact time??"

"9:00."

"Alright, dear. I love you. God bless you."

"God bless you, mom. I love you!" I giggled before hanging up.

Then, eventually, 9:00 PM !!!

I filled my bags with books, shirts, shorts, crystals, everything else..

Basically, I have TONS of stuff.

If a tornado came and bashed all my stuff, I'd be devastated. :(

As I slipped everything to my shoulders, I went to that check-in lady.

I REALLY need to know her name! What am I gonna call her ?!

CHECK-IN LADY ?!

With my hands at the counter, I watched as she wrote in my paperwork my mom gave me that rainy day, and gave it to me.

"Here you go, Ms. Smith."

"Thank you, Ma'am!" I smiled politely as she walked off to another room.

Taking it, I ran away and shoved it in my bag loudly, cringing at the volume.

At the doorway, I was about to open the door to go when I spotted Alex staring at me.

He had went from calmly putting things in his bag, to staring at me, hyper-focused.

We were alone in the room now.

Most kids had already come home, but Alex stayed longer than usual.

His eyes caught to mine, he quickly got up and ran to me.

I felt the urge to run away to my mom.

?!!? WHAT

I knew mom was waiting on me..

..but I have to see what Alex wants..

She could spare a minute, right ??

Once he got to me, he held my hands.

Blush spread to my cheeks as I gazed at him.

"H-hey, Alex." I giggled, flustered.

"Hi, Evelyn."

"What do you need..?" Butterflies were swirling in my stomach.

"Well, I wanted to come with you." His eyes pierced through my soul.

WHAT

UH NO ???

I haven't updated in a second, but let me tell you I was NOT informed of this at all.

There was NO planning!!

"I'm sorry, but mom would NEVER let me. Not without planning at least.."

"maybe in a couple weeks??" I muttered.

My voice went wobbly. Why does this always happen??

"No, Evelyn, you're not understanding me. I have to come with you. I need to know where you sleep, eat? Who your mother and father are, your ZIP code, and everything about you. This is what friends do, right?!"

OHHHHHHNOOOOO

"No, Alex! I'm very sorry but I can't-"

"What are you talking about!?? I can come with you if I'd like. It's not like I'm a killer, you weirdo. I'm a normal kid. Why are you so scared of me? Does your mom abuse you?! What's wrong with you??!" He snapped, his green eyes stabbing through mine with a piercing glare like no other.

WHAT?!

Why would he say that?! Why?!

"I'm sorry I have to go-" I blurted out as I pushed him down and ran off, my heart pounding.

Flying though the doors, I panicked through to the car and slammed it shakily, to which my mom was startled.

"Evelyn, what's wrong?! You're late." She asked as she turned off and began driving through the roads.

"O-oh, nothing mom.. hah.." I panted, shakily taking the buckle and clicking it.

"Evelyn Smith, what is going on?? You're shaky, out of breath, and your eyes are full of adrenaline."

OH MY GOODNESS ALREADY ?!

MOM CAUGHT ON QUICK DIDN'T SHE?!

Before I took a DEEP breath to make sure I wasn't out of breath when I spoke.

"It's really nothing mom, seriously..!! I'm just.. ..out of breath from walking, you know! And carrying all of those HEAVY bags??"

"Evelyn, you're not out of breath from walking. I can tell you're not telling me the full story." She kept her eyes on the road, but as we drove, I could tell she wanted to look at me.

Listen, I know I don't look very good right now.

But I've always been super truthful to my mom!!

Genuinely! And the only reason I'm not right this second is simply because my mom WILL freak out and take Alex away from me.

I haven't had friends since BIRTH.

I can't just let it happen, right?? And I'll totally keep myself safe! I just did.

"Mom, I'm totally fine! Nothing happened." Then I looked out the window and rested my head on the window sill, hearing my mom rant about how so many kids lie to their mothers and end up hurt.

That's crazy. It would NOT happen in real life, right??

That's the kind of stuff you see in movies.