🌿IT'S. SO. RAINY!!!

That morning definitely wasn't bright, literally OR figuratively.

The telephone next to me started a ear-piercing ring that was louder than 10 tornado sirens together.

And trust me, I know what that sounds like.. :(

..IN MINNESOTA WE HAVE A HUNDRED THOUSAND TORNADOES A YEAR !!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My eyes snapped awake as I frantically snatched the horribly loudly screeching telephone.

Thunder pounded in the sky.

I answered it, hoping it WAS NOT my mom.

If so, it was definitely a emergency!!! >O<

it was mom.

As her voice began to shuffle through, I expected to hear something like..

EVELYN!! A HURRICANE IS HITTING! (even thought hurricanes CAN'T hit minnesota??) GET IN THE CAR WE NEED TO EVACUATE!!

or maybe something like

EVELYN !! GET IN THE CAR A TORNADO IS HITTING YOUR EXACT LOCATION AAHHHHJHHHSUZKAKAOSO

What she ACTUALLY said was "Evelyn get in the car RIGHT NOW! I'M OUTSIDE !! YOU MIGHT BE IN DANGER RIGHT NOW!"

"UHH ALRIGHT?!" I blurted out as I slammed the telephone shut, slipping a couple things into my hands as I ran out of the camp, like this book, my blanket, and maybe a few crystals I found.

As I passed Alex, he got up and trying going to me, but the staff told him something and he stopped, so he just glared at emotionally.

"Evelyn, wait a second!! Why are you leavin-"

I felt a pang of guilt as I ran out away from him, but I had no choice!

I could have been in danger, especially with the thunder clapping in the distance ?!

I even ran past the lady that was supposed to check me in when I left! I could see her eyes widen in confusion.

Rain poured from the sky as thunder clapped, but nothing looked severe..??

Flying past the doors, they slammed before I hopped into the car and frantically fumbled the seat belt.

Mom looked very calm and nonchalant, despite being very panicky before in the call.

She drove off swiftly.

"Mom, what's wrong?! Why were you so frantic in the call? This is just a storm. We get this every 2 weeks around here." I stammered.

"Hey, Evelyn, dear. It was storming pretty bad, so I made sure to keep you home until tomorrow."

A SIMPLE THUNDERSTORM ?!

Listen, I was relieved that nobody was getting hurt. I was grateful for the fact that there wasn't a tornado like I thought.

"..oh, I see.." I mumbled quietly, buckling in as I watched the rain pour on the window.

BUT COME ON !!

My mom hadn't exactly explained calmly that there was just a storm!!

In fact, she acted like a tornado had hit our home or something!?

It was just rain !! >C<

I glared bitterly through the window, watching the rain pour.

Usually I loved rain, especially FALL rain, but this time the rain KILLED my day! :(

..speaking of rain..

Everything suddenly went crazy loud!

As I frantically looked around for the loudness, I spotted rain hitting the window quickly, as the thunder clapped quickly, over lapping every sound, including the radio.

a surge of fear fell over me as I huddled up, holding my knees to my chest.

"Mom, what's going on?!" I stammered.

She didn't answer.

"MOM!!! WHAT'S GOING ON?!" I screamed through the rain.

"I DON'T KNOW, EVELYN! THERE MIGHT BE A REASON WHY I TOOK YOU HOME INSTEAD?!"

I rolled my eyes before anxiety rushed through me again, and this was a cycle for a while.

I'd calm down and then I'd look out the window and feel scared again.

It was like this for a while as my mom watched in irritation as it rained to the point it blinded up the windows and she couldn't really see.

HELP!!! :(

Then after about 24 minutes, the rain faded out suddenly.

It was CRAZY. I could HEAR again!

I almost am a little glad she took me home.

..don't tell her I said that, though. ;]