61-70

Chapter 61: Picking Plums
When the three Wei Heng siblings were getting ready to set off, it was still very dark, so dark that no light could be seen. Every household had their doors closed, with only the occasional sounds of roosters crowing and dogs barking. The three of them pushed open the door, and Wei Han pushed the tricycle out from the main room. This tricycle was rented from Liu Xingyun's family and had to be returned to him, so the three Wei Heng siblings planned to return the tricycle before entering the county town.

So, they had to set off very early.

As the car was pushed out of the main room, it made a little noise, waking up Huang Cuixiang who was sleeping in the inner room. She was frightened at first, thinking that there was a thief in the house. She immediately put on her clothes and hurriedly got out of bed. When she walked out, she found the vague voices of Wei Heng's sister and brother. Huang Cuixiang frowned and said, "It's so dark, what do you three want to do?"

Because the three of them decided to go to the city, this decision was agreed by only the three siblings, and they did not tell anyone else, including Huang Cuixiang, who did not know about it at the time.

Wei Han was a little nervous and looked at Wei Heng and Wei Jin helplessly.

Wei Heng thought for a moment and said, "Grandma, we are going to Zhouzhou today. The train is at 10 a.m. We have packed everything at home. You don't have to worry. There are still many vegetables in the garden. If you want to eat them, just pick them yourself."

Huang Cuixiang frowned when she heard this, "What? Where are you going?"

Wei Heng said: "Prefecture and city."

Huang Cuixiang raised her eyebrows: "Who agreed to this?"

Wei Heng said, "My mother agreed. We will take a bus directly to the city, and she will pick us up at the station." Of course, mother Zhou Feng didn't know. The three of them made the decision at the last minute and didn't tell their parents. Moreover, if they told their mother, she would definitely not agree, so Wei Heng could only lie.

Huang Cuixiang hurried over and said, "How come Zhou Feng didn't tell me about such a big thing? You three are so brave to go to such a far place. Don't you know that there are many barbarians and kidnappers out there who specialize in stealing children?"

Barbarians and kidnappers are local dialects in Jin'an County, referring to people who do bad things, such as stealing children, beating children, kidnapping children... Children would usually be afraid of these people when they hear that kidnappers or barbarians are coming. But if Wei Heng was five or six years old, she would definitely be scared of this kind of intimidation. But now she is different after all, and has seen more, so she is not afraid at all.

Wei Heng said: "We will be sitting in the car the whole time and not going anywhere. Besides, there are police officers everywhere in the city outside. They will be responsible for catching the bad guys."

Huang Cuixiang said, "What do you know as a child? Go back to sleep and stop making trouble."

Wei Heng held the door handle, looking at Huang Cuixiang, who looked unhappy but had a hint of worry in her eyes, and couldn't help but sigh in his heart. Grandma's temper was really not good. She was the typical type of person with a sharp tongue but a soft heart. Although she favored the fourth son's family, she had never really done anything to harm the families of the other sons. On the contrary, because the third branch of the Wei family had always lived in the ancestral home and saw Huang Cuixiang every day, she would give her a little help from time to time...

Does Wei Heng hate Grandma Huang Cuixiang?

Not disgusting.

Does Wei Heng like Grandma Huang Cuixiang?