51-60

Chapter 51: Gossip
Thinking about this life, most of it has been passed in confusion. Now she is in her sixties and her whole body is almost buried in the ground, but she still has to endure all this. There is no peace for a moment. Huang Cuixiang is angry and anxious, and suddenly feels that there is no hope.

No matter what Wei Heng said, Huang Cuixiang couldn't listen.

No matter what Wei Feng howled, Huang Cuixiang didn't want to pay any attention.

No matter how much Wei Rong cried out that she was hungry, Huang Cuixiang was unwilling to cook.

……

In this way, Huang Cuixiang lay in bed and endured until the evening, still unwilling to move.

Here, Wei Rong had already taken the pocket money she had secretly saved and went to Aunt Luo's house in the village to call her mother Xu Liping. When Xu Liping answered the phone, she asked, "What's wrong?"

Wei Rong cried, "Mom, my brother and I are on summer vacation. Please come back and pick us up. We can't survive at home anymore. Grandma beat and scolded my brother today and didn't even cook for us. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I called you. Mom, I miss you so much. I don't want to stay at home anymore."

Xu Liping was anxious when she heard this: "What? This old man dared to hit you?"

Wei Rong cried and said, "She hit my brother. I ran fast, so she didn't hit me. But she didn't cook for us. She always scolded us and forced me to do everything, such as washing clothes, chopping wood, serving tea and water... She treated me like a maid. I really can't live like this anymore."

When Xu Liping heard this, her face turned completely black. She kicked her husband Wei Jianjun fiercely and cursed: "Did you hear what your daughter said? Look at what your mother did, is it right?"

"How could she be so cruel?"

"Why is she so vicious?"

"I knew she had bad intentions when she came to me eagerly before! I shouldn't have thought that she was so kind to me and that she really loved me like her own daughter. It turns out that's how she treated me!"

"Arong and Afeng are the flesh and blood of my belly. I can't bear it if you, as a father, don't feel sorry for them!"

"no!"

"I can't let that old man help me take care of the child anymore."

Xu Liping was extremely anxious.

Wei Rong was on the other end of the phone, listening to what her parents were saying, and she was very satisfied. Although doing this might have a bad impact on her grandmother, she loved her and her brother so much, and she should be willing to suffer a little for her brother and sister.

Anyway——

Wei Rong no longer wanted to stay in this remote mountain village. She wanted to live in a big city. She heard that people there travel by car, and there are big shopping malls everywhere. All she could see were tall buildings, which was very impressive...

Anyway, she wanted to go and take a look.

But her parents always said that she and her brother were still young, and they would let them go after they grew up. Although Wei Rong was only eleven years old, she didn't feel that she was young at all. She understood everything she should understand.

Moreover, Wei Rong felt deeply that the teachers in the small mountain village were all country bumpkins who had never seen the world. When she asked a few random questions about big cities, they could not answer. Wei Rong felt that she should go to school in a big city.