Chapter 10

When Rick, Daryl, Glenn, T-Dog, and Alexei returned to the camp, the atmosphere was filled with tension and despair. Even from a distance, they could see chaos unfolding before their eyes — the camp was under attack. Walkers had invaded the area, spreading terror among the survivors. Screams of fear and gunshots echoed as everyone desperately tried to defend themselves.

Rick quickened his pace, shouting to the others, "Hurry, LORI! CARL!"

Alexei, with agile and cold precision, positioned his AK-105 and began running toward the camp, leaving the others behind for a moment. He was already in combat mode, his mind calculating every movement with the precision of a veteran soldier.

Rick, desperate to find his family, ran like the wind, wielding a 12-gauge shotgun, annihilating any monster that dared cross his path to reach his beloved family.

Glenn, Daryl, and T-Dog moved to clear and secure the perimeter of the camp to protect the flanks.

As Alexei approached, he saw the Walkers moving in groups, attacking survivors who were trying to retreat to safer areas

As Alexei approached, he saw the Walkers moving in groups, attacking survivors who were trying to retreat to safer areas. Without hesitation, Alexei began firing with deadly accuracy. His shots hit the skulls of the undead one after another, each shot resulting in a Walker falling to the ground with a perfectly centered hole in its forehead. He didn't waste a single bullet; each shot was calculated to cause maximum damage.

Alexei moved quickly through the improvised battlefield, adjusting his position as he advanced

Alexei moved quickly through the improvised battlefield, adjusting his position as he advanced. When the AK-105's ammunition was nearly depleted, he switched to a pistol holstered at his side, continuing to take down the Walkers with an unnerving calm. He advanced with quick and precise movements, shooting and killing the undead with the efficiency of a highly trained military operative.

Shane was trying to form a protective ring around Lori, Carl, and other civilians in the group, but his ammunition was running low, leaving little he could do. Yet he didn't back down — he would protect Lori and Carl at any cost. However, his hope grew when he saw the man he trusted the least, the Russian, opening a safe corridor through the advancing Walkers.

Daryl, who was already in the camp fighting with his crossbow, looked at Alexei with a mix of respect and surprise as he watched him cut through the Walkers as if it were just another day at work

Daryl, who was already in the camp fighting with his crossbow, looked at Alexei with a mix of respect and surprise as he watched him cut through the Walkers as if it were just another day at work. "That guy's a machine," Daryl muttered to himself.

In a critical moment, Alexei noticed a small family surrounded by Walkers, with Dale desperately trying to protect the survivors with a rifle, but his hands were trembling with fear, causing his shots to miss. Alexei didn't hesitate. He charged toward the group, running in a straight line and jumping over an improvised barricade. Upon landing, he delivered a precise kick to push away a Walker that was about to attack Dale.

Wasting no time, Alexei grabbed a Walker by the collar and threw it against another, creating a safe space for the family. He then used a military knife to quickly stab two Walkers in the skull, a fluid and lethal movement that demonstrated his skill in close combat. His movements were fast, precise, almost like a deadly dance. Every gesture seemed calculated to maximize efficiency and minimize effort.

The Walkers continued to advance, but the presence of Alexei and Rick's heavily armed group seemed to turn the tide of the battle. They moved from target to target, as if in a training field, eliminating the undead.

Alexei's half-mask covered part of his face, but his eyes showed the coldness of someone used to war, someone who wasn't afraid of the horrors before him.

Rick and the others finally arrived to reinforce the defensive line. "We need to fall back and protect the wounded!" Rick shouted, looking at Alexei, who was already ahead, like an unstoppable force.

"I'll take care of them," Alexei replied in a tone that left no room for doubt. He continued to advance, shielding the survivors as they retreated. In one final display of brute strength, he picked up an improvised shovel from the ground and struck another Walker, crushing its skull with a single powerful blow, splattering blood and brains.

The Walkers' attack began to lose momentum, and the camp's survivors finally managed to regroup behind the improvised defenses. Most were panting, still processing the horror of the attack. Some looked at Alexei with a mix of relief and fear, grateful for his help but also aware of just how deadly he truly was, and how Rick had been right to seek the weapons that changed the course of the night.

Dale, sweating and breathing heavily, looked at Alexei and said, "I guess I owe you my life, Alexei."

Alexei simply wiped the blade of his knife on a piece of cloth, looking at the lifeless bodies of the Walkers around him. "It was nothing," he said, almost as if he were bored. "Just another day in the war."

Rick approached, his face dirty with dust and blood, but with an expression of gratitude. "You saved a lot of people today," he said seriously. "Glad you were here with us."

Alexei returned the compliment. "You too, Rick, you're a good leader."

The words took Rick by surprise; he hadn't expected to be seen as a leader by anyone, but the compliment lifted the weight of doubt that Shane had placed on his shoulders.

Alexei looked at Rick, his gaze as cold and impassive as ever. "My job is to survive," he said simply. "And you're all alive. That's what matters."