The Arrival

408 Hours Remaining

As the morning sun filtered through the curtains of Mikha's quarters, illuminating the room in soft, golden light, she was blissfully asleep. The tranquility of her dreams was abruptly interrupted by a sharp knock on the door. Groggy and disoriented, she rubbed her eyes and pulled herself from the warmth of her blankets.

"Coming!" she called out, stumbling towards the door.

When she opened it, she was met with a burst of energy that instantly cleared her mind. Colet stood there, practically bouncing on her toes, her smile wide and infectious.

"Mikha! You won't believe what's happening!" Colet exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Mikha squinted, still trying to shake off the remnants of sleep. "What's going on? Is everything okay?" she asked, concern etching her brow.

"It's you!" Colet replied, waving her hands animatedly.

Mikha tilted her head, completely baffled. "Me? What do you mean?"

"It's the Jaegers! The new ones have arrived!" Colet announced, practically vibrating with enthusiasm. "We need to go down to the bay to see them! Now!"

Mikha's confusion melted away, replaced by a rush of adrenaline. The thought of seeing the new Jaegers sent a thrill through her. "Wait, they're here? Right now?" she asked, her heart racing.

"Yes! They just touched down, and I can't wait to check them out!" Colet replied, practically bouncing on her feet.

"Okay, okay! Give me a second!" Mikha rushed back inside her quarters, quickly throwing on her clothes, her mind racing with thoughts of the new Jaegers. Yankee Mammoth and Gale Breaker—she was eager to see them up close, especially after hearing so much about them.

A few moments later, Mikha emerged from her room, her hair slightly tousled but her excitement palpable. "Let's go!"

Together, the two friends hurried down the corridor, the chatter of the Shatterdome buzzing around them as they made their way to the Jaeger bay. Mikha felt the anticipation building inside her; the sight of new Jaegers was always exhilarating, especially with the promise of training and battles ahead.

As they approached the bay, the large doors loomed ahead, and the sound of machinery and voices grew louder. Colet turned to Mikha, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "I can't wait to see how Yankee Mammoth and Gale Breaker  look in person!"

Mikha nodded, her own anticipation matching Colet's. "I heard they're incredible. I'm really curious about their specifications and what modifications they've made."

As they reached the entrance to the bay, they could see the massive silhouettes of the newly arrived Jaegers looming behind the doors. The sight sent a rush of adrenaline through Mikha. She exchanged a glance with Colet, both of them bursting with eagerness.

"Ready?" Colet asked, her voice filled with enthusiasm.

"Ready!" Mikha replied, and with that, they pushed the doors open, stepping into the bustling Jaeger bay to witness the latest addition to their defense against the Kaiju threat.

As Mikha and Colet stepped into the bustling Jaeger Bay, the energy in the air was electric. Workers scurried around, coordinating the final touches on the newly arrived Jaegers. The massive doors to the bay slowly opened, revealing two imposing silhouettes being gently hoisted down from their transport carriers in Bays 3 and 4.