Surprise...?

Read Authors Note :)

London, 6 PM.

A week later, the excitement of the ultrasound had given way to an overwhelming sense of anticipation. Harry had been busier than ever with work, and though we tried to carve out time to plan the dinner, life kept getting in the way. But tonight was different. Tonight, we'd finally invited everyone over to Harry's flat for a simple gathering, just as we'd discussed. A few friends, some family, and the big reveal.

I sat in front of the bedroom mirror, running a hand through my slightly curled hair. My reflection looked different, almost unrecognizable. I couldn't decide if it was the soft glow of pregnancy or the weight of the responsibility growing inside me that made me feel this way. My body was changing—small, barely noticeable shifts—but emotionally, I felt the gravity of becoming a mother beginning to settle in.

The door creaked open, and Harry peeked in, his face lighting up when he saw me. "You look stunning, love," he said, stepping fully into the room and sitting on the edge of the bed. He glanced at me, a playful smirk tugging at the corner of his lips, but there was tenderness in his eyes. "Are you nervous?"

I glanced back at the mirror before looking at him. "A little," I confessed, smoothing the fabric of my dress. It wasn't overly fancy—just a simple, fitted number in soft grey—but it made me feel put together. "What if they think we're not ready?"

He chuckled softly, taking my hand in his. "If they don't think we're ready, then that's their problem. I know we are."

His confidence helped, but the nerves still bubbled under the surface. "It's just... my mum. You know how she is. She'll probably freak out, say I'm throwing my life away."

Harry's smile faltered slightly, and I could see the unease flicker across his face. "She's been hard on you, I know. But tonight's not about her or anyone else. It's about us. It's our moment."

I nodded, trying to absorb his words. "You're right. I just want everything to go smoothly."

He leaned over and kissed my forehead, lingering just long enough to make me feel a little lighter. "It will. Come on, they'll be here any minute."

We both headed into the living room. The space was cozy but modest, just like Harry's style—simple furniture, and minimal decoration. A few candles flickered on the windowsill, casting a warm, soft glow over the room, while a small spread of snacks covered the coffee table: crisps, mini sandwiches, and a few sweets. It wasn't anything fancy, but it had the intimate feel we wanted.

The quiet hum of the street outside was soon replaced by the sound of the doorbell echoing through the flat.

"Showtime," Harry whispered with a grin, heading to the door.

In no time, the flat was filled with chatter and laughter. The boys were all there, cracking jokes and filling the room with their loud personalities. My mum had arrived too, sitting somewhat stiffly in a chair by the window, eyeing everyone cautiously. I could tell she already felt out of place in the midst of Harry's friends, but at least she was here.

I glanced at Harry, who was standing near the kitchen, a bottle of sparkling water in hand. He caught my eye, nodding.

Taking a deep breath, I stood up and cleared my throat. "Uh, everyone, can I have your attention for a second?"

The room quieted down as all eyes turned toward me. My heart pounded in my chest as Harry moved to stand beside me, his arm slipping around my waist.

"We, um... we have something to share with you all," I began, feeling my voice tremble. I glanced at Harry for reassurance, and he smiled, giving my waist a gentle squeeze.

"We're... having a baby!" I finally blurted out, the words spilling from my mouth in a rush.

For a split second, the room was silent, as if the news hadn't quite registered. Then, like a wave, the reactions hit all at once. The boys erupted in cheers, clapping Harry on the back and congratulating him in their typical bro hug fashion. My mum, however, didn't react right away. Her eyes widened, and she sat frozen in her chair, processing the information.

"Wait, you're serious?" Ethan asked, grinning from ear to ear as he looked at Faith like he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Dead serious," Harry replied, pulling me closer. "We're going to be parents."

JJ let out a loud laugh. "Mate, I didn't think you had it in you!"

Harry rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it up."

As everyone else continued to chatter excitedly, I made my way over to my mum. Her face was pale, her lips pressed into a tight line. I sat down next to her, feeling the weight of the moment between us.

"Mum," I started softly. "I know this is a shock, but... I need you to be happy for me. For us."

She looked at me, her eyes filled with a mixture of disbelief and concern. "Naomi, you're so young. You haven't even been with this boy for a year, and you aren't married to him! Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"I wasn't sure at first," I admitted. "But I am now. I have Harry. We're in this together. And I want this, Mum. I really do."

She let out a long sigh, shaking her head. "You've always been so headstrong. I just... I worry about you."

"I know," I said, taking her hand. "But I'm going to be okay. We're going to be okay."

There was a long pause before she finally nodded, squeezing my hand back. "Alright. If you're sure, then I'll support you."

I smiled, relief washing over me. "Thank you, Mum."

As the night went on, the excitement in the room didn't fade. People stayed late, talking about names, baby showers, and the future. By the time everyone left, I was exhausted but happy. Harry and I stood in the doorway, watching the last of our guests head off.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close. "Well, that went better than expected," he said, his voice low.

I nodded, resting my head on his chest. "Yeah, it did. I think we might just survive this."

Harry laughed softly, kissing the top of my head. "We will. One step at a time, remember?"

I smiled, relaxing against his chest. For the first time, it didn't feel so scary. It felt like something we could handle. Together.

AUTHORS NOTE

Bit of a shorter chapter today, sorry for the late upload. Liam Payne's death is hitting me hard lol I've been a directioner since the beginning and this news is extremely shocking. So bear with me.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this one, and again, hate isn't welcome, but constructive criticism is.

OH also, would you guys be interested in Harry's POV or do you like it being Naomi's? Let me know.