Chapter 3 - Who is She?

"Howdy Dashie!" I answered my phone.
"Hey Aj!"
"Song ready?"
"Oh. That? No."
"The CMC and Pinkie have theirs."
"I know. Wonder who else is ready?"
"Mac."
"He's performing?"
"Yeah."
"Wow!"
"Surprised he's had time. He's been talking to someone non stop."
"Any idea who?"
"No clue. Wait! Where'd he go? He was JUST hear! I'm SO picking more apples than him."
"You get those apples AJ!"
"Thanks Dashie. I got to go. See ya!"
"Bye AJ."
I hung up phone. But where could Mac have gone? it's not like him to just leave. He always gets his chores done.
A few hours later and I'm almost done for the day. Is that Mac with someone? I swear I could see Mac coming back but with someone. He never brings anyone over. Where was he?!
"Mac!" I called from a couple yards away.
"Eeyup?"
"Where've you been?! We were supposed to pick apples! And who is she?!"
"Hi! You must be AppleJack! Mac has said so much about you! I'm Loving. Loving Diamond."
"Well, good to know I guess."
"Apple. Leave her alone."
"Why? I'm not sure I like bringing strangers to farm and disappearing when we're supposed to be working!"
"Mac. Maybe I should just go."
Wouldn't that be great.
"Nope. It's okay. Come on. Let's go inside." He grabbed her hand and led her in as it started to rain, putting his shirt over their heads. I picked the last Apple on the tree next to me as a snack and made my way in, slowly.
"Apple? What's the matter?" Granny asked as I set a basket of apples next to Apple Bloom who was reading a magazine.
"Nothing Granny." I ran up the stairs, dripping water everywhere.
"Apple!"
"I said nothing Granny!"
As I walked by Mac's room I saw him and Loving playing a game together. The sight made me really sad but I had no idea why. I changed into and orange button up, some blue jean shorts, and a different pair of boots. Dried and re-braided my hair. I texted the girls to meet me at the café and grabbed an umbrella on my way out.