Chapter 10 - A Rare Gem

The walk was taking longer than I thought it would but it was still fun to be out with the girls.
      We finally reached a meadow. The only thing between the castle and the Everfree forest.
      "The flowers!" Shouted Fluttershy as she ran to lie down in them.
     "Wait for me Flutters!" Pinkie lied down next to her.
     "Stop repeating Twilight!" AJ shouted as she walked by.
     "Don't y'all have a better love story to tell?" I stood next to AJ. Why can't we be like that?
     "Come on! My heels are sinking down! Let's please hurry darlings!"
     "Oh Rarity. Stop complaining! The flowers are beautiful!"
     "Yes but out of style. And they're messing up my heels."
     "Let's get going! We wanna get to the castle before sun down!"
     It was only four in the afternoon and we were very close to the castle but I wanted to hurry up. Only ones having fun was Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy.
     Finally we made it out of the meadow and half way up the hill. It was almost five o'clock. We still had half the hill, all the stairs, and I still have to find a gem. A rare one. I don't even know the different types of gems. I hope AJ doesn't have to be home soon. I wonder if they're worried at all.
I hadn't realized it but I had started walking up the stairs. We all must be tired but we have to keep going.
"We still have to walk home."
Pinkie fell down at Twilight's words. None of us wanted to walk home. By time we got back it would be the next day! Apple Bloom has to be worried. And Scootaloo! I shouldn't have accepted this. We could probably call someone to pick us up. I know there's definitely a road that leads to part of the meadow. It would still take a while and a lot of energy.
"Rainbow! Rare gem! Now! Quickly!" Rarity started to shout when we got to the castle. It was falling apart and a complete mess. We walked. . .in? It was mostly crumbled stone with some shreds of fabric. I didn't think I was gonna find a gem anywhere. Especially not a rare one.