Chapter 8 - Tree House Memories

I stopped laughing and caught my breath. Pinkie got off the trampoline and FlutterShy handed her her shirt.
"Is it okay to look?"
"Of course Rarity."
"Hey! Is that our old tree house?" AJ turned around and stood up.
"I forgot about that." I stood next to her. "We should go up."
"Do you know how messy it must be?"
"Or how dark it is?"
"So?"
"I say lets go!"
"Me too!"
"I'm up for it."
"FlutterShy? Rarity?"
"I...I guess."
"Can't be worse than having my hair cut."
"Let's do this!"
We walked over to the tree house ladder. We hadn't been up there in so long. We were eleven or twelve last time probably. We were now seventeen. Mostly. Pinkie is 16.
Aj climbed up, then me, Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie, and finally FlutterShy. I looked for a light switch.
"Woah." We all said.
It looked just like we left it. I guess.
"All my old apple drawings." Apple said. She was standing next to her old desk.
"My old gardening tools and plushies." FlutterShy said as she walked over to a box in the corner.
"Remember this guys?" Pinkie held up her easy bake oven.
"All these boy band posters. I obviously had no class."
"My old Trivial Pursuit!"
"How did that ever get allowed up here?"
There was a lot of stuff. There were pencils, and paper, and recipes, and scraps of fabric all over the floor. A play kitchen in the back with gardening tools, play food, and plushies in the fridge. There was a desk covered in different drawings of apples. And dolls with custom clothes. We also had a toy vanity and closet with costumes and make up and play jewelry.
Rarity had boy band posters on the walls. Pinkie had recipes, Apple had drawings, Twilight had the Periodic Table of Elements (it was a whiteboard), FlutterShy had 3D butterflies and I had awards. Apparently we've always been who we are.
"Why are there gardening tools in my fridge?"
"I was looking for a shed. Hey! It's my plush bunny! It used to be my favorite!"
"It was looking for carrot cake!"
"Wasn't its name Angel?"
"Yeah."
"I messed up the elements. Silver should be under copper, not gold."
"It's the first I brought up here. I brought it to show the first dress I ever made."
"I like the diamonds on it."
"Remember that time I put glitter all over your best apple drawing?"
"I sure do. It won me a ribbon though."
"It was rainbow with gold leaves. It deserved first."
"Why? It was wrong."
"But it was twenty percent cooler than the rest. Hey guys? Didn't we all once have a special plushie?"
"Yeah! I had a cat."
"And I had a dog."
"I had a dragon!"
I walked to the box in the corner.
"And I had Tank the turtle."
"Tortoise." FlutterShy corrected me.
"What about you Pinkie?"
"No. But I made one tonight!" She picked up an alligator from the floor.
We stayed there for most of the rest of the night. Pinkie ran down long enough to get a few bowls of popcorn. We decided to play a round of Trivial Pursuit. Of course Twilight won and everyone did better than me. We had a drawing contest and played with the plushies. We used fabric as blankets and large plushies as pillows. I wish that night didn't end.