Chapter 7: The Reunion of Legends

Mount Olympus, The Battle Begins

As the horde of Giants surged toward them, Theseus and Iolaus stood firm, shoulders squared, their expressions a mix of grim resolve and fleeting confidence.

"You ready for this?" Iolaus asked, twirling his blades with a smirk.
"Just like old times," Theseus replied, gripping his sword tightly.

They exchanged glances, memories flashing of the Golden Age-when they fought side by side with other champions, battling Giants in a war long past.

"Remember when Diomedes took down three giants on his own?" Iolaus chuckled.
"And got knocked out cold by the fourth." Theseus allowed himself a brief laugh.

Their fear melted away, replaced by a fierce determination. With matching grins, they let out a deafening war cry. In an instant, they unleashed a devastating blast-an explosion of energy like the force of the Tsar Bomb-incinerating dozens of Giants in the immediate vicinity. The ground trembled under the impact, and smoke filled the air.

Without wasting a second, the two heroes sprang into action, splitting off in opposite directions. Iolaus tore through the horde with lightning-fast strikes, and Theseus swung his blade with divine precision, every slash sending Giants to the ground.

But something was off. As Theseus beheaded one Giant, it reformed almost instantly, its severed limbs knitting back together. "These bastards weren't this strong before," Iolaus shouted, ducking under a massive fist.

"Theseus, what the hell's going on?" Iolaus asked, cutting through another Giant only to watch it heal within seconds.

"I don't know," Theseus growled, his frustration growing with each passing moment. "They're stronger-smarter, too."

The two heroes fought fiercely, but the Giants' overwhelming numbers and regenerative abilities began to turn the tide. A surge of Giants pressed down on them, forcing Theseus and Iolaus to fight back-to-back once more.

"These things just won't stay down!" Iolaus panted, slashing furiously.

"Stay focused," Theseus warned. "We'll figure it out-if we survive."

Despite the odds, the heroes fought on, blades flashing, muscles straining. Every strike and every clash seemed to chip away at their stamina, but neither was willing to give an inch.

"This isn't just a battle," Iolaus muttered through gritted teeth. "It's a message."

"And we're not leaving until we answer it," Theseus replied, fire burning in his eyes.

With renewed determination, they braced for the next wave, prepared to fight until the very end-because whatever was behind this resurgence, the battle for Olympus had only just begun.

The Giants' Gambit

Panting, Theseus and Iolaus pressed their backs together, bloodied but unyielding. Giants surrounded them, forming a tight circle.