Chapter 8: Return to Olympus

The Reunion

The Reunion

Theseus, Iolaus, and Ganymede stood together again, the air between them thick with both familiarity and the weight of long-forgotten memories. For the first time in centuries, they felt whole.

"Theseus," Ganymede said softly, the hint of a smile tugging at his lips. "Still as brooding as ever, I see."

Theseus chuckled, his arms crossed over his chest. "And you still can't resist teasing me the moment we meet."

Iolaus clapped Ganymede on the back with a grin. "At least one of us never changes. I swear, you look exactly the same-too pretty for a battlefield."

Ganymede rolled his eyes but smiled warmly. "And you're still as reckless as ever, Iolaus. I'd say it's good to see you, but I might regret that soon enough."

They shared a brief laugh, and for a moment, the years between them faded. They spoke of simpler times-ancient battles, nights spent beneath the stars, and victories shared like wine at the end of each day.

But as the conversation ebbed, silence settled over the trio. The air shifted, heavy with the grim reality of their mission. Their expressions darkened, as if the laughter had merely been a mask to shield them from what lay ahead.

Ganymede glanced toward the horizon, where the looming threat of the Giants gathered like a storm. "How did they return?" he asked, his voice low, as if hoping the answer might not matter.

Theseus and Iolaus exchanged a glance but said nothing. The question lingered unanswered, pressing between them.

"And why didn't you two end this sooner?" Ganymede's gaze sharpened. "You two could've gone all out from the start-your Divine Graces alone would have crushed them."

Theseus exhaled slowly. "Because if we did..." He glanced at the sky, his expression heavy with unspoken concern. "There wouldn't be much of a world left."

"Yeah," Iolaus added, smirking despite the tension. "Go all out, and we'd probably blow the entire solar system to pieces. Not exactly the cleanest solution."

Ganymede chuckled, the corners of his mouth lifting. "Fair point. But maybe it's time we stop holding back."

The three heroes stood shoulder to shoulder, their hearts steady and their resolve unyielding. For too long, they had been shadows of the warriors they once were, restrained by caution. Now, there would be no hesitation.

Ganymede raised his hand toward the gathering storm of Giants, his voice clear and sharp. "We fight in the name of righteousness."

A fierce wind swept through the battlefield as the three charged, unleashing their Divine Graces in full for the first time in centuries.

The Battle Unleashed

Power erupted from their bodies like chained stars suddenly set free. Theseus became a blur of force, each step sending shockwaves through the ground. Iolaus was a whirlwind of lightning and steel, laughing as he carved through the enemy ranks. Ganymede soared through the air like a comet, his spear glowing with divine fury.