Chapter 6: The Awakening of Giants

Above the Clouds, Soaring Toward Greece

The wind howled past them as Theseus and Iolaus streaked through the sky, cutting across the clouds like arrows loosed from a bow. The sea below shimmered under the moonlight, and the stars above them twinkled against the endless night. With each flap of their divine auras, they shot across the horizon, moving faster than the eye could follow.

Iolaus tilted his head mid-flight, calling out over the rushing wind. "Hey! Not to sound clueless or anything, but where exactly are we headed? Or are we just flying for the joy of it?" His tone was lighthearted, but there was a genuine curiosity behind it.

"Theseus kept his gaze locked ahead, eyes unwavering. "Mount Olympus."

Iolaus groaned in mock annoyance, catching up to fly beside him. "Olympus? Seriously? We haven't been there in, what, centuries? Don't tell me the gods called for a reunion party without sending me an invite."

"No," Theseus replied, his tone low but purposeful. "We're going to the last place the heroes met before we all split up."

That made Iolaus pause for a second, his playful grin fading. "You mean... that meeting? Where we decided to go our separate ways after the Giant War?"

Theseus gave a grim nod. "Exactly. We left thinking we'd closed that chapter for good. But now-" He gestured toward the distant skies. "Now, the Giants are back, and we need answers."

Iolaus flew upside down for a moment, arms folded behind his head, as if trying to lighten the mood. "Man, I knew we'd get the band back together eventually! I mean, the whole 'split up and blend into the modern world' thing was fun, but it was only a matter of time, right?"

Theseus shot him a look. "This isn't a reunion, Iolaus. If the Giants survived-if something brought them back-then whatever's coming will make the war look like a skirmish."

Iolaus gave a small whistle, flipping upright again. "So, Olympus, huh? You think any of the others will be there already?"

"Maybe," Theseus replied. "If they've sensed what we have, they'll come. But we need to get there first. We can't afford to be unprepared."

Iolaus grinned, the wind whipping through his golden hair. "You know, you always did take things too seriously, Theseus. Relax a little-flying across continents with an old friend isn't exactly the worst thing, is it?"

Theseus's expression softened, just slightly. "Maybe not."

They flew in silence for a few moments, their silhouettes gliding effortlessly through the night sky. Below them, the coastline of Greece began to take shape, ancient and timeless, bathed in moonlight.

Iolaus glanced toward the distant mountains ahead. "Think the gods will even let us in after all this time? Or should we expect a few lightning bolts for old time's sake?"

"Theseus smirked. "Let them try."

Iolaus laughed, the sound carrying on the wind. "That's the spirit! Olympus, here we come-whether they like it or not."

With that, the two heroes shot forward, their divine power rippling through the sky, leaving streaks of light in their wake. Mount Olympus loomed in the distance, waiting like a sleeping giant-silent, ancient, and full of secrets that could change everything.

The Eruption of Olympus

Theseus and Iolaus landed gracefully atop Mount Olympus, the air crisp and thin, but eerily quiet. They scanned the summit, expecting to see the other heroes, yet not a soul was present.

"This doesn't make sense," Iolaus muttered, brushing dust from his sleeves. "Where is everyone? They should've sensed the disturbance by now."

"Theseus frowned, his gaze sweeping the ruins of the ancient halls. "They should be here. Something's off."

Iolaus squatted beside a cracked marble column, tapping it with his knuckles. "Think they're late? Or maybe they got tired of waiting around for another apocalypse."

"Theseus shook his head. "No. They'd come. This isn't right."

As they walked further across the summit, they noticed something strange-the massive Gate to the realm of the Gods, once glowing and radiant at the mountain's peak, was gone. The entrance was nothing but bare rock.

"Theseus stopped in his tracks, his jaw tightening. "The Gate... it's vanished."

Iolaus narrowed his eyes. "How does a divine gate disappear? That thing's been here for millennia."

"Theseus scanned the skies and the mountain slopes below. "Something happened-something wrong. We're missing a piece of this."

They exchanged a glance and instinctively stood back-to-back, their senses sharpening.

Suddenly, the mountain rumbled violently beneath their feet. The earth cracked and roared as if Olympus itself was coming undone.

"Theseus's voice cut through the chaos. "Get ready."

The summit burst apart in a fiery explosion, the peak of Olympus collapsing inward as molten rock and ash spewed into the sky. From the gaping chasm, massive figures emerged-hundreds of Giants, clawing their way out of the mountain's depths.

The two heroes stared, stunned at the unfolding nightmare.

"This... this can't be real," Iolaus whispered, his usual bravado melting into disbelief.

The Giants roared, their enormous forms illuminated by the glow of volcanic fire. The ground trembled under the weight of their stampede, each one larger and more terrifying than the last.

"Theseus gripped his sword tightly. "We ended them. We ended them centuries ago!"

Iolaus' voice cracked with frustration and fear. "Theseus... what the hell is going on in the world?"

"Theseus didn't answer right away. His gaze was fixed on the endless swarm of Giants rushing toward them. "I don't know," he said grimly. "But it's worse than we imagined."

With a shared nod, they braced themselves for battle, ready to face the impossible once again.

-End of Chapter-