Investing old man wickles mansion

After heading back to headquarters the mystery gang and bad guys watch last night's fiasco.

"The higher the pedestal, the harder the fall. And Mystery Inc. fell far in the embarrassing debacle... ... that tarnished the reputation of the once-great gang. It was an utter disaster as two of the gang's key members... ...Norville "Shaggy" Rogers and Scoobert "Scooby-Doo"... ...caused untold damage to Coolsville's hottest new tourist attraction... ...which took a full two years to complete. When asked for comment, Fred Jones, leader of Mystery Inc., has this to say"

"Little old Coolsville can solve its problems without us"

"I didn't say that! I mean... I did, but that's out of context!"

"This is Heather Jasper-Howe, disillusioned from Coolsville"

"It's all my fault. I'm the one who told Shaggy and Scooby to get the ropes"

"No, Velma, it's my fault. I should have checked that they were tied before I let go"

"It's my fault too. We all know how Shaggy and Scooby can be. But it's all right. We just need to stay strong, in control, and work fast"

"Fred's right" wolf says.

"Come on, gang. Let's get to the lab. We'll figure a way out of this Jurassic jumble"

"Count us in too" wolf says.

"You wanna help us?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, who better to help you unmasked a villain then someone who's down it before" wolf says as the others agreed.

They head to the lab leaving shaggy and Scooby thinking...

"Shaggy?"

"We're screwups"

"Yeah"

"I guess, looking back, every time they made a plan, we did screw it up somehow. I just never noticed before"

"Me neither"

"There's gotta be some way we can prove that we actually belong in the gang. We've gotta do something totally unlike us. You know, Scoob... ...we could act like real detectives!"

Scooby burst into laughter "Really?"

"Scooby-Doo, raise your right paw. No, your right paw. Your other paw. Repeat after me. From this day forward we will no longer be our goofy selves. We will be awesome detectives. And we will act more like Fred and Velma and Daphne. We will be terrific and fantastic and spectacular... ...and cease to be "loser-iffic," "lame-tastic" and "suck-tacular."

"Suck-tacular."

"Right, like, it's time to solve the mystery. Let's kick this investigation up to an 11!" Saggy and Scooby came in dressed almost like Velma and Fred says.

"Whoa" wolf was surprised.

"That's new a look" snake says.

"What the heck are you guys doing?"

"We figured the first step in solving a mystery... ...would be to wear the right attire. I'm sorry, Daph, but your go-go boots didn't fit... ...me!"

Scooby showed wearing her boots.

"Scooby! Those so don't go with that sweater!"

"Really?"

"Those look really nice" webs says as are and princess look down.

"Clues! Alas, what are these strange markings?" Shaggy grabs the paper

"Words" Fred corrected him.

"That's right" webs says.