3.

Kabir's Pov

I come downstairs for dinner she is also present here. I don't want to make her uncomfortable but I want to know if she is really a friend of my sister or just pretending. And how much I know Maaz, we are rivals but he never tried to harm me personally. I can't deny the fact that she becomes my Obsession I can't look away from her whenever I see her and my heart reacts in another way which it didn't for anyone. This time she is looking a little restless and staring at me again and again.

"Mahira don't forget to eat cupcakes okay" mom says. Oh, so my cupcake loves cupcakes. I would love to know her likes and dislike everything.

"Sure aunty how can I say no for those" she says with a smile. Why don't she talk with me like that. Wth! I am feeling jealous of my family. Never in my life have I been so desperate to talk with anyone but her. We complete our dinner and come to my room and start doing some work.

After an hour I heard a knock on my door so I open the door.

"Happy Birthday bhai" Rabia comes in shouting and burst the party popper.

"Why are you still awake?" I ask her. As proper sleep is good for health.

"Auch, it hurts. I came here to wish you and here you are asking why I didn't sleep" she says dramatically.

"Happy Birthday" mom and dad also say.

"Thank you" I say to them then look at the door again. She isn't here. Why is it hurt when I only met with her yesterday. How can someone become important in just a few hours and that too my rival's sister with whom I didn't even talk properly.

"Here's your gift" Mom and dad say.

"I am not a kid then why to give gifts" I say to them but I know there's no use of it as they always say that they love me so much and I will always stay their small little Kabir for them no matter if I become old.

"How many times they have to say huh that you will always stay little for them no matter if you become an old man with no hair" she says and starts laughing I frawn. My sister doesn't have any filter in her mouth, always talks whatever nonsense comes in her mouth.

"I think it's too late you all should go and sleep" I say to them and they all nod with a huff. Did she fall asleep? I guess.

Mahira's Pov

I didn't find a way to say sorry after he goes to his room soon and I didn't have that courage to go and wish him what if he reacts badly.

"Hey Mahira" Rabia says and back hug me.

"Easy woman" I say as she put all her waight on me. She realised that and sit beside me.

"Hey Rabia, I am thinking about making cake for your brother..I mean I wanna apologize for my behaviour, say me his favourite flavour" I say. I think the idea of making cake is good. She smirks.

"What?" I ask her confused.

"He likes carrot cake" she says.

"What carrot cake? Vegetables in the cake too" i ask and she nods.

"Yeah he is so health conscious" she says. Well well he is so weird too.

"But wait you don't know how to make carrot cake right then what are you going to do?" She asks curiously but i smile.

"Nothing is impossible in this generation I will learn by watching any video" I say. I don't know why I am doing all this. I really never learned something for anyone and now here I am learning carrot cake for him.

"Let's go and make it" I say.

"I am not going" she says.

"Don't be so lazy just come as I don't know where the ingredients are kept and aunty and uncle also went outside" I say and she finally agrees and we come to the kitchen.

"Give me flour and egg" I say, she keeps two eggs at the counter and in the process of giving me flour she keeps that jar of flour above one egg and the egg broke making the counter mess.

"Ups" this is what she says after doing clumsy things. I sigh.

"Rabia, can't you do anything without creating a mess" I say.

"No I guess" she says embarrassed.

"Let me clean" she says but i stop her.

"I will do everything, you just do one thing sit here and give me company so I won't feel bored" I say and she nods then she continues talking with me and I start my work.

"Mahira"

"Hm"

"Why are you putting so much effort for bhai when you never made a single chocolate cake for me whenever we had a fight" she says in a teasing way. I don't know what to answer. I am also shocked by my behaviour. All I know is I have to apologise for my behaviour and i don't want him to stay angry on me.

"Because I can fix your anger by talking but I can't fix your brother's anger by talking as we don't ever talk" I say.

"Oh you wanna talk with Kabir Bhai" she says with a smirk.

"No no nothing like that" I deny hurriedly.

"Don't feel shy baby you can just say everything to me I am your best friend you know right" she says teasingly and I glare at her.

*Time skipped*

"Goo" Rabia whispers and push me towards the door.

"Yaa wait why are you pushing me in the den" I say and she laughs.

"My brother is not that bad especially with you so you can go in that den" she says again.

"What if he become more angry?" I ask her but she sighs.

"Fine" she says and pushes towards the door, the door wasn't locked so it opens easily, i somehow manage to save the cake and me both, I look outside to tell her something but she closes the door. What the heck. I look at Kabir he is also looking at me with curiosity to know what I am doing here.

"A...actually I came here for a reason" I stammer but he doesn't say anything why he loves to stay silent when Allah give such a good voice to him which can make anyone go mad for him.

'shut upppp, not againnn' I shout at myself ofcourse in mind. And also it will be better if he acts rudely with other girls so they won't get the chance to fall for him.

"I am sorry and Happy Birthday" I close my eyes and say in one go. And keep the cake on the table. When I don't get any reaction so I open my eyes to see him, he is still there sitting in his chair with a mischievous smile.

He stands up from his chair and take a step towards me and my legs automatically take a step back. We continue the same process till I am caged between him and the door but there's a safe distance between us. He doesn't broke the eye contact yet.

"You made that" he says. His eyes are so dominant and he looks so handsome from this close too, that words are not forming in my mouth so I nod.

"This much efforts?" He asks I also don't know the reason of my this much efforts and i know one thing if I stay here for a second then I have to answer a lot questions.

"I...I.. think Rabia is..calling me" I say and turn around to open the door but the door is lock from outside. Why this girl is making me embarrass infront of him.

"I hate lies" he says in his deep voice. Did I again make him angry. I turn to look at him. His face is blank.

"Sorry" I say.

"You love to run away from me don't you" he says in a dominant voice keeping the eye contact. I look down and gulp as his voice and gesture is making me shiver. How can someone hold this much power on me. I never felt like this. I only read those things in books.

_______________________________________