flirting and coffee

today in the lunch break , Karan bumped into Akash at the cafeteria. 

They had noticed each other  a few times before, in the class  and the two seemed to click naturally. Akash was always the charming type, with his playful smile and the tendency to flirt with just about anyone who crossed his path. and also Karan and him were  they were in now friend zone so they both were in sitting in cafeteria until akash said 

"Bro, tum Vanshika ko jaante ho?" Akash asked casually, taking a sip from his coffee cup.

"Vanshika?" Karan felt his stomach do a little flip at the mention of her name. Why? He didn't know. He shrugged it off quickly. "Haan, kyun?" I mean wise nahi janta we live in same society and kumari nahi Banti Matlab she is so angry and ready to chop people Meri toh aj suabh he fight hogyi thi "

Akash leaned forward, a sly grin on his face. "hair ? pair Bhimbhai  Woh ladki... kya lagti hai yaar. Main toh kab se try kar raha hoon, lekin woh koi interest nahi dikha rahi she is such a nice person ."

Karan felt something stir in him—an unfamiliar, annoying sensation he wasn't prepared for. He frowned slightly. "Acha?" as in propose kardiya tune ?"

"Haan, par reject Maria and now she ignores " Akash continued, completely unaware of Karan's growing discomfort. "Lekin kya attitude hai uska! Jitni zyada ignore karti hai, utna zyada mazaa aata hai."

Karan didn't respond immediately, staring at his coffee. He thought about the way Vanshika had fought with him earlier in the morning  even if just for a second, when they'd been talking earlier. The way her sarcasm was more playful than mean, the way she seemed like she was always on guard but relaxed a bit around him.

"Tu Vanshika ke saath kya scene bana raha hai? I mean anything for her she is so beautiful man ". " Akash teased, giving Karan a light punch on the shoulder.

Karan snapped out of his thoughts. "Kuch nahi, bro. She's just..not for me and rasa nahi hai she is not pretty or anything I just dont get along good with her and mere in Sab cheese main interest nahi hai toh isiliye "Akash raised an eyebrow. "Iachi baat hai main toh Har nahi man raha waise uski dost Simran bhi achi ha nature wise ?"

Karan immediately shook his head, brushing off the feeling that had just bubbled up. "I dont know her and also  I dont know vanshika that much "But deep down, Karan wasn't so sure. He had only known Vanshika for a short while, but something about her lingered in his mind more than he expected. He pushed it aside for now. No point in overthinking it.---

The next morning, Vanshika was sitting with Shrishti when Karan spotted them from a distance. He walked over, hands casually in his pockets, but before he could say anything, Akash appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey Vanshika," Akash greeted, his voice a little too smooth. "Tumhari koi tayaari chal rahi hai exams ke liye?"Vanshika looked up and sighed internally. She gave him a polite nod but didn't really engage. "Haan, bas thoda revision kar rahi hoon."Akash didn't seem to get the hint. 

He leaned against the bench, grinning. "Waise, tumhe ek secret bataun? Tum jab bhi koi cheez ko seriously leti ho na, aur bhi acchi lagti ho."

Vanshika's expression tightened slightly, but before she could respond, Karan spoke up. "Akash, yaar, tu kabhi thoda cool ho sakta hai ya nahi?"Akash glanced at Karan, surprised, before chuckling. "Arey, main toh bas baat kar raha hoon."

"Bas baat karne aur flirt karne mein farak hota hai," Karan replied, his voice a mix of amusement and protectiveness.Vanshika shot a look at Karan, raising an eyebrow. "Tumhe kabse mera bodyguard banne ka shauk chadh gaya hai?"Karan smirked, leaning a little closer to her. "Tumhe kya lagta hai? Mujhe shauk nahi, bas zarurat samajh aayi."Vanshika folded her arms, mock-annoyed. "Tum dono bas yahi karoge? Ladke ho ke, sirf ek ladki ke aage peeche ghoomte ho."Akash opened his mouth to say something, but Karan cut him off. "Relax, Vanshika. Tumhaare peeche nahi, tumhare saath ghoom rahe hain."

"Wow, kya line hai," Vanshika shot back, though the amusement was clear in her eyes.---A few hours later, Karan found himself walking alone with Vanshika after class.as they were heading to the garden for an activity  The teasing from earlier still lingered between them, but now there was a comfortable silence.

"Waise, Akash tumhe irritate karta hai, na?" Karan asked, half-joking but also genuinely curious.Vanshika shrugged. "Irritate karta hai, but hate nahi karti. Woh bas thoda over ho jata hai."

Karan nodded, but something about her words made him pause. "Toh tumne ab tak kisi ko pasand kiya hai?"Vanshika glanced at him, unsure where the question had come from. "Mera focus abhi sirf studies pe hai."Karan smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Fair enough."

There was a moment of silence, and Vanshika could sense that there was something more behind his words. But before she could ask, Karan changed the subject."Waise, tum coffee peena pasand karti ho?"Vanshika blinked, thrown off by the sudden shift. "Haan, kyun?""Chalo, phir ek coffee pe chalte hain," Karan suggested, his easy grin back in place.Vanshika narrowed her eyes playfully. "Kya yeh tumhara flirt karne ka tareeka hai?"Karan laughed, raising his hands in surrender.

 "Nahi yaar, bas friendly gesture. But agar tumhe flirt lag raha hai, toh main ruk sakta hoon."

Vanshika shook her head, unable to hide her smile this time. 

"Fine. Lekin sirf ek coffee."

Karan's heart fluttered as he matched her step, their playful banter settling into something softer as they walked toward the café. He wasn't sure what was happening between them, but whatever it was, he wasn't in a hurry to stop it.---Later, as Karan sat in his room that evening, he thought back to his conversations with Vanshika. The ease with which they'd talked, the laughter they'd shared—

something about her felt different from anyone else he'd met.

But then he remembered Akash's words from earlier. And the feeling that had stirred in him.Was this more than just casual friendship?

He wasn't sure, but for now, he let the thoughts settle in the back of his mind. He wasn't ready to admit it—not yet. But deep down, Karan knew that his life had started to change the moment Vanshika entered it.And somehow, he had a feeling hers had too. ---*