the first cute clash

Vanshika woke up the next morning, already feeling the weight of the day ahead. She had just gotten into her routine of study, work, sleep, and food—nothing exciting, nothing new. As usual, she got ready for college, tying her hair into a high ponytail, wearing her favorite black jeans and a simple blue top.

"Aaj fir wahi boring din hoga... college, lectures, aur kaam," she muttered to herself as she grabbed her backpack. She lived in Building A of their society, a quiet spot in the corner, and always left around the same time

. As she stepped out of her building, putting on her earphones, she was mentally preparing for the dull day ahead. But life had other plans for her today.

Just as she walked down the path towards the gate, her phone buzzed with a message from Shrishti: _"Yaar, I'm going to be late today! Wait for me at the gate, please!"_Rolling her eyes with a smile, Vanshika typed back, _"You and your boyfriend ki chakkar mein, tum toh hamesha late hoti ho."_ She was about to press send when, out of nowhere, someone walked right into her."Hey! Dekh ke nahi chal sakte kya?

" Vanshika snapped, nearly dropping her phone.

She turned to see a tall, expressionless guy standing there. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt, jeans, and had that irritating calm aura about him, like he didn't care about anything. "Excuse me? Tum bhi dekh ke chal sakti thi," the boy responded, his voice calm but challenging at the same time."Kya? Tum mujhpe ilzaam laga rahe ho? Tum aaye ho mere raaste mein!" Vanshika crossed her arms, glaring at him.

The boy—Karan, though she didn't know that yet—raised an eyebrow, clearly uninterested in her accusations. "Raaste sabka hai, tumhara nahi. Tumhare bina bhi duniya chalti hai."Vanshika blinked, momentarily stunned. **"Tum ho kaun, smart banne waale? Pehli baar dekh rahi hoon tumhe society mein."**

Karan glanced at her with the same bored expression he had since the moment they collided. "Main abhi shift hua hoon. Tum hi apne phone mein itni ghusi thi ke kuch dekha nahi."

She was about to retort when Shrishti called out from behind her. "Vanshika! Oh God, tum itni jaldi aage kaise nikal gayi?" She jogged over, noticing the tense situation between Vanshika and the new guy."Yeh kaun hai?" Shrishti asked, slightly confused.Vanshika shot Karan a look before answering, "Mujhe kya pata, koi road ke beech mein khada tha jaise sab kuch uska ho."

Karan rolled his eyes at her dramatic explanation. "Main bas apne raaste ja raha tha. Tumhe problem hai toh apne phone se nazar hatao."

Vanshika's eyes widened at his dismissive tone. "Oh, toh ab main phone bhi nahi use kar sakti? Matlab seriously, tum ho kaun? Society ke naya neta?"

Karan didn't bother with another argument. He simply shook his head and started walking towards the gate, leaving Vanshika fuming in place.

"Rude much!" she muttered under her breath, watching him leave. But as he walked away, something about him stuck in her mind. His calm, uncaring demeanor, the way he had just brushed her off—it irritated her, but also... intrigued her?

Shrishti raised an eyebrow, noticing the look on her friend's face. "Kya hua, kuch zyada hi ladayi ho gayi lagta hai?" she teased.

"Arre, kuch nahi, bas ek ajeeb insaan hai. Mujhe pata hai ki is society mein aise log milenge, lekin itni jaldi?" Vanshika huffed, brushing it off, though her thoughts kept drifting back to the guy she had just bumped into.---Meanwhile, Karan continued walking towards the gate, glancing back for a second to see if the girl was still fuming. He shook his head, a slight smirk on his face. "Ladki kaafi ziddi hai," he muttered to himself.

It wasn't that he enjoyed these kinds of encounters, but something about the way she reacted amused him. Most people would have either ignored him or apologized, but she... she had fought back, argued, and even called him *neta*.

"Interesting," he thought, though he quickly dismissed the idea of thinking about her any further. He had other things to worry about—like starting his first day at a new college.---As Vanshika and Shrishti reached the gate, Shrishti nudged her. "Ab itna gussa mat ho. Chhod na usko. Waise bhi, tujhe kaunse roz aise ladhaku log milte hain."

Vanshika rolled her eyes. "Jab tak uska samna nahi karna padta na, tab tak main khush hoon."But deep down, she knew that wasn't true. That random, irritating guy had already made more of an impression on her than she would have liked.

Little did she know that their paths would cross again, sooner than she expected.---