chapter 12

"Ameena are you sure? It really is very dangerous" zara said closing the book. Nur's voice trembled.

"Guys, I don't think we should do this. The risks are too high. What if we lose control?"

Ameena's eyes flashed. "We can't just sit back and do nothing! We have to try."

"But why us?" Nur pressed. "There are older, wiser people who can handle this. Why are we taking on this burden?"

"Because we're the ones who care!" Ameena's voice rose. "We're the future of this town. Do you want to see more people die?"

Zara intervened, placing a calming hand on each friend's arm. "Hey, let's not fight. We're all concerned."

Nur continued, "But think about it. We're not even sure if this Okura thing is real. This book is from Ameena's grandfather, not some renowned scholar."

Ameena's face reddened. "My grandfather was a great warrior! I trust him completely."

"That's exactly my point," Nur said. "It's personal for you. We need objectivity."

Zara tried to mediate. "Nur, Ameena's right. We can't ignore the threat. But maybe we should research more—"

Ameena cut in, her voice fierce. "Research? While people are dying? No!"

Nur stood, her voice firm. "I won't let you do this alone, Ameena. It's suicidal."

"I don't need your permission!" Ameena shouted, tears welling up. "You were the one who said you'd stand forward to protect our motherland. Have you forgotten?"

Zara stepped between them, her hands outstretched. "Stop! You're both right. We need to consider the risks and our responsibilities."

Ameena's face twisted in frustration. "You're not taking this seriously, Nur. I'll do it myself if I have to."

Nur's face contorted in anger, her voice shaking. "Fine! If you want to do it alone, then do it! But don't expect me to watch you throw your life away!"

Ameena spun around, her eyes blazing. "You're so quick to give up! You're not even willing to try!"

"Try?" Nur's voice rose. "You're not thinking clearly! You're blinded by your grandfather's stories and your own ego!"

Ameena's face stung as if slapped. "How dare you! You know nothing about my grandfather or what I'm capable of!"

"I know one thing and that is you're being reckless and selfish!" Nur shot back. "You're not considering the consequences for anyone but yourself!"

Zara tried to intervene, but Ameena and Nur were beyond reason.
Ameena's words cut deep. "You're just scared, Nur. You're always scared. You're a coward, That's why you'll never accomplish anything!"

Nur's eyes welled up with tears. "At least I'm not arrogant and stupid! Like you, You're going to get yourself killed! You're so full of yourself that you're trying to put everyone's life in danger and maybe this is the reason why you didn't get any gift."

The room fell silent, Zara's eyes widened by Nur's harsh words, the air thick with hurt and anger. Ameena turned and stormed out, slamming the door behind her. Nur collapsed onto the couch, sobbing uncontrollably.
Ameena stormed out of Nur's house, her feet pounding the pavement in frustration.

Zara rushed after her, catching up with a gentle grasp on her arm. "Hey, Ameena, wait! Calm down, don't take Nur's words so seriously. I'm sure she didn't mean it, it was out of anger"

Ameena slowed, but didn't stop. " Yeah, maybe but i don't want to talk about it now Zara. I don't remember her being this cowardly. She was always so brave."

Zara kept pace beside her. "She's scared, Ameena. We all are. Its a very sensitive tumi, But that doesn't mean she's not with us."

Ameena sighed, her anger beginning to dissipate. "I know. It's just...this is too important for me. I need her support."

Zara's voice softened. "I'm here for you, always. We'll figure this out together."

Ameena's gaze met Zara's, gratitude welling up. "Thanks, Zara. You're the only one who understands." As they walked, the tension between them eased, replaced by determination.

___ Jhumri festival ___

The sun began to set, casting a warm orange glow over the bustling streets. Colorful lanterns and twinkling lights adorned the houses, shops, and stalls. The air vibrated with excitement and joy.

Ameena and her mother strolled through the crowded fairgrounds, taking in the sights and sounds of the Jhumri Festival. The scent of sugary treats, spicy street food, and incense wafted through the air.

Vendors called out, enticing passersby with their wares "Get your beautiful handmade crafts here! Try our famous Jhumri sweets. Win a prize at our ring toss game!"

Ameena's eyes sparkled as she explored the stalls, admiring intricate embroidery, and vibrant textiles. Her mother haggled good-naturedly with vendors, buying a few souvenirs. Next, they approached a fire dancer, captivated by his mesmerizing flames. Ameena and Zara joined the audience, transfixed by the spinning fireballs.

Food stalls tempted them with local delicacies "Savor our famous Jhumri kebabs! Taste the sweetness of our gulab jamun! Fresh fruit chaat, get it here!"

Ameena and her mother indulged in the treats, relishing the flavors. As evening descended, the festival's magic intensified. Lanterns glowed brighter, casting a kaleidoscope of colors across the faces of the revelers.

Ameena suggested, "Let's head to the park. I need some fresh air." Zara nodded, and they walked toward the park, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.

Suddenly, a commotion erupted near the park entrance. Shouts and screams pierced the air, shattering the festive atmosphere. Confused, Ameena's eyes scanned the chaos. Zara covered her ears, her face pale.

 Zara covered her ears, her face pale

Everyone Prepare yourselves. Cause we are now going superfast from here.
I'm sad for Nur and Ameena. They really thier crossed lines though.
I'm super excited for next chapters. I'll try to post the next chapter as soon as possible. But there is exactly no one until now who reads this story properly. Zero views. I hope in future someone genuinely becomes interested in this story. Umeed karte hai, vese bhi Umeed par tho duniya kayam hai.

Thank you for reading🍁
Bye 👋