Chapter 2

The next morning, Momma and Daddy drove us to the airport. 

On the way, we realized that Maya was now in her 20s. We may have needed to be aware of sudden changes in her mind. 

But so far, everything was smooth sailing.

We kissed our parents goodbye, then got on the plane with our Meemaw. 

"How great is this gonna be? I'm going to the school where Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde first met" Maya squealed.

"I'm so happy for you, darling" said Meemaw. 

"Thanks! When we get there, all I have to do is impress the head lady in charge, and I'll be an official actress in training!" said Maya. "Just wait till you see me on stage and in movies!" 

As she finished that sentence, Meemaw looked at us with an uncertain expression.

"We got a look. That can't be good" said Disgust. 

"You're paranoid" I said.

"I never miss a look" said Disgust.

She opened up her own little console and analyzed Meemaw's facial expression. 

"See? Right there!" said Disgust zooming in on the furrowed eyebrows. 

"So what?" said Anger.

"She's hiding something" said Disgust. "But what?"

"Maya dear..." said Meemaw, "I don't think I'll be seeing you become a successful actress. In fact, I'm not even sure I'll see you graduate from that school."

"What do you mean?" said Maya.

"I'm coming to England with you because... I was told that the last moments of my life could come soon" said Meemaw.

"A-ha!" Disgust snapped. But then she realized what we heard. "Oh no..."

"I just want to be with you for as much time as possible before those moments come" Meemaw explained. 

"Uh, yeah, sure. I'd love that" said Maya. "No big deal."

"This is a HUGE deal!" Fear shouted. 

"If Meemaw's life is over, so's ours!" said Anger.

"Seriously? We've always been so close!" said Disgust.

"Now we really won't know anybody" said Sadness.

"I'm so sorry, baby" said Meemaw. "But we'll still live together, won't we?"

"Yeah, absolutely" said Maya as composed as possible.

"Oh, this is so sad" Sadness moaned.

The rets of us held her away from the console. 

"At least keep it together until we're off the plane!" said Disgust.