Chapter 8

"Maya's secrets, a rogue emotion has taken over. We need to get back and stop her" I explained. 

"Do the Wonder Pets rescue emotions, Linny?" said Tuck. 

"We do now, Wonder Pets!" said Linny. 

"No, Wonder Pets" said Paul. "We're stuck in here, forced to be secrets."

"Don't you dare say that!" said Disgust. "You're one of the Beatles! The Beatles can't be locked away!"

"But everyone calls the Beatles abusive lately. We're practically cursed" said Paul.

"Then you must make your curse your gift" said Disgust. 

Paul put on a determined face. "You're so gracious, Miss Disgust. I must set you free in return."

He tried to open the jar, but the lid was sealed shut. 

"A little help?" said Paul.

Dark Secret tapped the jar with his fist and shattered it so we could get out. 

"Gweat!" Ming-Ming cheered. 

"Now how do we get out of here?" said Tuck. 

Dark Secret also punched the vault door open so we could escape. 

"We did it, Wonder Pets!" said Linny. "This calls for some celery!" 

"Thanks for freeing us, emotions" said Paul. "Now I can do what I'm meant to do."

He took out his bass, played a little lick, then strode away.

"Paul!" Disgust swooned. 

The five of us then fled the vault. Anger headed in the direction of Headquarters.

"Anger, where are you going?" I said.

"Back to Headquarters! To help Maya!" said Anger.

"Maya isn't up there. She's out there" I said. "We can't go back without her Sense of Self."

"You want us to go all the way to the back of the mind? Are you out of your mind?!" Fear shouted. 

"Well, yeah!" I said.

"But how will we..." Sadness started. 

"Do you even have a plan, Joy?" said Disgust.

"I bet Anxiety would have a pretty good plan" said Fear. 

"She's not the only one who can project the future" I said.

I started to narrate my plan just like Anxiety would have. 

"We follow the Stream of Consciousness to the back of the mind where we'll find the Maya we know and love. We go back to Headquarters, put the Sense of Self back, and Maya will be Maya again. Then I tell Anxiety, 'don't worry too much anymore'. And she'll say 'wow, Joy! I never thought about that!' And then we hug, become best friends..."

"And then I punt her into the dump" said Anger. 

"Anger!" I snapped. 

"Okay, fine; no punting" said Anger.