Chapter 4

The strange orange lady ran up to me and shook my hand kinda violently. 

"Oh my gosh! I am such a huge fan of yours! And now I'm meeting you face to face!" she squealed. "Okay. How can I help?"

Before I could answer, she started rapidly moving from place to place. "I can take notes? Get coffee? Manage your calendar? Walk your dog? Carry your things? Watch you sleep?"

"Wow! You have a lot of energy" I said awkwardly. "Maybe you could just stay in one place?"

"Anything" said the new girl. "Just call my name and I'm here for you."

"Okay, love that. What was your name again?" I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can get ahead of myself" said the new girl. "I'm Anxiety. I'm one of Maya's new emotions. We are just super jazzed to be here."

She picked up a bunch of suitcases. "Where can I put my stuff?"

"Uh, what do you mean we?" said Disgust. 

Suddenly, another new emotion showed up. She was teal and tiny with short hair and a cute purple and yellow dress. Her eyes were pretty big for her head. 

"I wish I was as tall as all of you" she said climbing onto the console.

"Who the heck are you?" said Anger.

"I'm Envy" said the teal emotion. 

She looked at Disgust's dress. "Ooh! Look at your outfit."

"Oh yeah, not happening" said Disgust. 

Envy looked at the way Jeremy was dressed and gasped. He was dressed fancy with a white shirt and navy blue jacket.

"Look at his outfit!" said Envy. "We need clothes like that!"

She pushed a button and Maya reached out to touch Jeremy's suit jacket. 

"Oh my gosh. I love your jacket" she said.

"What are you doing?!" Disgust shouted, pulling Envy off the console.

Maya pulled away. "Hey. Maybe when I get rich and famous, I can dress fancy too! Yeah yeah!"

Then, the console turned pink! It was a large pink emotion in a hooded sweatshirt. 

"Okay, who's this guy?" said Anger.

"What's your name, big fella?" said Sadness with a smile. 

"That's Embarrassment" said Anxiety. "He's not really big on eye contact, or good at talking, but he's a really sweet guy."

"Well, welcome to Headquarters, Embarrassment!" I said. 

Embarrassment couldn't decide whether to shake my hand or give me a fist bump. 

He eventually settled for a high five. 

"You got a real sweaty palm there, buddy" I said.

Embarrassment tightened his hood around his head and curled up on the floor. 

"Have you a place to stay, child?" Jeremy asked Maya. 

"Not yet" said Maya.

"Then how about coming to my flat? Make yourself at home" said Jeremy.

"Oh, this is exciting!" Anxiety squealed. "But we can't let him know we're excited."

Just then, the console turned indigo and Maya's voice sounded emotionless.

"Yeah, sounds good" she said.

The weirdest part was no one pushed a button. 

"What emotion was that?" said Anger.

"That's Ennui" said Anxiety.

"On-what?" I said.

We looked to the side and saw a tall pointy-nosed indigo emotion with long hair, dressed all in sweats and socks, laying on the couch.  

"Enn-ui" she corrected me. "It's what you would call the boredom."

Her voice was kinda deep and she spoke with a French accent. 

"Well, come on up here, on-were... am I saying that right?" I said. "On-wah? No. Ooh! Nicknames! I'm gonna call you Oui Oui."

"No" said Ennui. 

She didn't even get up from the couch and the console was controlling. 

"How are you driving?" said Fear.

Ennui showed her phone. "Console app." 

She pushed a button on the app and controlled. 

"Hey! That's enough" Anger snapped.

"Now now" I said. "I know new emotions can seem unhelpful at first, but I've learned that every emotion is good for Maya."

"Fine" said Anger. 

Ennui pushed another button. 

"Cool, lead the way" said Maya.

"Alright. Come on then" said Jeremy.