Chapter 11

During the day, Maya visited the Central School to get a good look at it. 

She made a couple of friends while there. A pretty redheaded girl named Amanda and a black-headed singer named Hermina.

They were both in their second or third years there. 

The three of them walked past an office where an old lady was writing in a notebook. 

"There it is. The red notebook" said Amanda. 

"Don't be too intimidated by it" said Hermina.

"Why would that intimidate me?" said Maya. 

"Only because everything Headmistress thinks about you is in there" said Amanda. "The good and the bad. Whether she wants you to be on stage or film... or not."

"Amanda, I think that's too much" said Hermina.

"What? It's the truth" said Amanda. 

In Headquarters...

"What do you think she'll write about us? Will we be able to impress her?" said Anxiety. 

"I hope so! If she has a list of her favorite students, we need to be on it" said Envy.

"If she has a list of her worst students, we stay off of that!" said Anxiety.

"But what if we don't make it on either list and we fade into obscurity?" said Envy tensely.

"Sorry to interrupt, but they're walking away" said Ennui. 

Anxiety took control and Maya caught up with Hermina and Amanda. 

"Okay. We're hanging out with Brits. We just need to act casual" said Anxiety.

Then she noticed Maya's arms. "Uh, why do our arms swing like that when we walk?"

"Try to keep them still" said Envy taking control. 

"That looks crazy!" Anxiety snapped.

"Okay! We'll walk like Amanda! Her arms have rhythm" said Envy.

She made Maya move her arms in a really weird way. 

"No; you're making it worse" said Anxiety.

"Well, that wasn't my intention!" Envy bickered. "I'm sorry for trying something!"

"Uh, what do you think pockets are for?" Ennui mumbled. 

Maya put her hands in her pockets before noticing the two girls laughing with each other.

"What are they laughing about?" said Envy. "Does anyone know what British people laugh about?"

"I dunno; we were too focused on the arms thing. Just pretend we get the joke" said Anxiety.

Maya pretended to laugh and the girls looked at her funny. 

Embarrassment laid his head on the console to make her stop. 

Meanwhile, Anger, Disgust, Fear and I were still following the stream on the broccoli.

"Fear, what is wrong with you?" Anger snapped. 

"I don't like this vessel" said Fear.

"Well, it's all we have" I said. 

"How long until we get there?" said Anger.

"We'll get there when we get there" I answered as composed as possible. 

"I bet Anxiety would know how long down to the minute" said Fear. 

"Well, she just knows everything, doesn't she?" I said.

"Look, I don't like her words. And I do not like her actions. I just think I can change her" said Fear.

I couldn't take it anymore and changed the subject. "You know what? Who likes banana bread! Show of hands!"