Chapter 10

L I S A

"Why? You don't like the food?" Rosé asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"N-No, it's good." I said and smile faintly as I continue eating.

We're currently at some restaurant right now, Rosé treated me because it's Saturday and she insisted on at least touring me around for a day.

I'm so happy and grateful for her for squeezing me in on her precious time but I can't help but to think about something. Or rather someone.

Sigh.

Joohyun never showed up after that night when she picked me up and we had a small... What? Argument? Maybe she didn't really like that I talked back.

Who am I kidding? She's mad because I literally slapped on her face that we're not together and she should stay the fvck out of my life. Not that I really said that but I think that's how it turned out.

I admit, I said that she owns me and that I'm all hers, and talking like that to her last Monday was something that she should really be upset about.

I tried texting and calling her but she's not responding to any of those.

Mina also bombards me with questions the next day but I didn't give any answers which thankfully, she didn't push through and just continue being the sweet and calm girl that I liked about her.

"Rosé, do you perhaps... Know where your sister is?" I asked after gathering every courage that I could muster.

She looks at me, confused. Probably wondering why I'm asking about Joohyun.

"She's fully booked the whole week because school is starting on Monday, of course the agency milked her quite well because who knows when they will get her again knowing that she's gonna focus on school." Rosé said irritatedly as she rolled her eyes.

"So... She's not home?"

"Yup. The last time that I talked to her, they're on Jeju." She said and took a slice of steak that she cuts.

"You talked to her?" I asked raising my voice a little which makes her look at me suspiciously. "I... I mean - "

Joohyun's not even looking at my messages!

"Tell me, Lisa," she suddenly became serious as she put down her table knife and fork before focusing on me. "What's the real deal between you and unnie? She also asked me your whereabouts last week which is quite... Shocking and confusing."

She what?!

"Irene unnie is a very mysterious, quiet, cold, and calm woman who doesn't give a fvck even if you'll die in front of her." She said which makes me choke because I'm drinking water. "I exaggerated about the last part but you get my point." She immediately added and did a peace of sign.

"Anyways... As I was saying, it's just really weird for her to ask about someone's whereabouts especially... " She squints her eyes on me. "When she just met the person and don't even know even a single thing about them. You, Lisa, is not an exception. Are the both of you... "

I gulp.

Why am I suddenly feeling nervous? Is it obvious? Does she know something about what's happening between Joohyun and I?

"Are you hanging out behind my back and got closer? Yah! Lalisa! I love you but how did you get so attached to her? Never in my life that she looked for me! You're stealing my sister away from me!" She said and glared at me as she cross her arms.

What?

I thought...

I thought she already had a hunch about Joohyun and I's little...