CHAPTER TWO

She wonders if, not for the first time, that she could have stopped it. Maybe if she had she wouldn't have been in a tree, in a strange territory, hunting the monsters that have destroyed so many of her kind. But she didn't stop it, so now she was trying to correct her wrong.

She bent forward as the sun started to crawl its way back into the sky. Peering down she thought about how she should go about this. She had never actually been to a pack that hadn't already been destroyed.

Hearing light footsteps about a mile or so in front of her she tried to work out a plan. Maybe she could use them to her advantage. Creeping down the tree, she stopped about 5 meters from the ground. As the footsteps grew closer and closer she had formed half a plan and decided to think the other half later.

Jumping down the tree, she landed in a crouch in front of two very confused werewolves. Standing up she saw with a quick glance that they were roughly the same size. It took them a couple of seconds to react, this pack seriously needed to work on reflexes if they wanted to survive what she knew was to come.

"Hey! You're the girl from last night" A voice called her out of her thoughts. It was the boy that resembled to her of a grassy wasteland with his pale green eyes and copper hair.

Almost as if they shared one body they shoot forward and surrounded her. She could have easily killed them but she wanted these werewolves to think that they got her. The other, a guy with brown eyes grabbed her arm and spoke in a gruff voice "Your coming with us."

She let him keep his hold on her upper arm and lead her towards his pack. Green eyes walked in front of them and glanced back at her so often that she rolled her eyes at his back. This gave her the chance to get a better look at the shirtless males that were leading her to their Alpha. The one that had a hold of her arm had hair so blond it looked like it should be in a wheat field, they both looked like they had stepped out of a magazine. It was one of the perks of being a werewolf, having fit bodies. It had to do with our faster metabolism system.

We reached the end of the forest and walked onto a freshly cut lawn. Morning dew reflected the sun as it climbed higher into the sky, and washed her dirty bare feet as she walked briskly through it. There were a couple of people outside and as they passed the werewolves stopped to stare at them.

She could only guess what she looked like, there were no mirrors when you lived in the forest. She had on a pair of dirty blue jeans and what once a long sleeved green t-shirt, her face and arms were covered with dirt and scars from being in the woods for over two years. Her hair was a tangled mess that fell unevenly to her waist, her golden eyes were wild like her personality and her face was expressionless.

They came closer, to what she had to guess was the pack house. It was two stories with grey paint and flower gardens around the windows. All in all a pretty normal looking pack house, but then again, looks can be deceiving. She was a great example of that. She didn't look like a threat, it helped that she was small for her age, when in fact she was the most dangerous person on this territory.

Herding her through the back door she was taken down a set of stair and thrown into a cell so fast that she didn't get to see much of the house. She had to give them points for moving faster.

Taking in her surroundings she found herself in a cell with three cement walls and silver bars. There was a bed with a thin mattress, blanket and pillow on the opposite wall as the bars. Pushing her hair back she couldn't hear anything in this hallway full of cells. Now knowing that she was alone she closed her eyes and let her hearing expand to outside of her cell and found two guards at the end of the hall standing outside of the door that she passed to get in here. Lifting her nose in the air to get a better sent she found that the men guarding her where different from the men that brought her here.