Death with a side of Scottish: November 9th, 2004

As I awoke in Henry's cab, I overheard the sound of arguing from outside the sheds. I exited the sheds to find both diesel and Harvey's remains were gone, but that wasn't what harry and Gabby were arguing about. It was the guards Harry sent outside last night to watch for tripods. Gabby was telling him that he shouldn't have sent those people out as they were now dead and Harry tried defending his actions, but Gabby didn't let it go. I managed to get in between the two and told them that we should leave. If a tripod found the guards, it may come back for more. That quickly shut them up and we began getting the engines ready.

We pulled into tidmouth once again and decided to properly look for any survivors. As we searched the dust filled station, I noticed Molly and James looked disturbed. Molly was staring at the remains of Murdoch. I can't imagine what was going on in her mind, Murdoch was one of her best friends. Then James looked even worse, but he wasn't staring at Murdoch he was looking at the sheds. I walked over the old sheds and the smell of blood filled my nose. Harry walked over and we began to pull open the doors and what awaited us was horrifiying. A lifeless E2 tank engine and a coach had been here waiting for us. Thomas and Henrietta were gone, but it wasn't what we were expecting. We were expecting a burned smoke box door and dust, but instead Thomas still had his face. However, his eyes were gone, and his face had a huge of white. Everything had been removed, he was nothing but a hallow shell. We checked Henrietta to see that whatever
Thomas went through,
Happened to Henrietta. But she was different. Instead, she was destroyed. Windows, doors, and pieces of wood had been torn and crushed. Percy didn't take this well and cryed. We decided to close what was left of the shed doors and let the engine and coach rest. I don't think Percy could handle another second with them, so we're gonna move up to elsbridge.

Well, we thought today would be nothing but bad news, but we finally had some good news. We found a frantic Donald safe in the goods shed. We literally up when we saw him and we're glad to see he had survived. We were expecting him to say something similar but instead yelled "where is Dougie"! We told him to calm down and said that we had no idea where his twin could be, but we were like to help to find him. This calmed him down, but not too much. We tried asking him what happened to him, but he didn't say a word Sam and Greg said they were going to take Percy down the FFarquhar branch to search for any poor soul who may have survived. We agreed and told them to be careful. Hopefully they will be back soon.

Just as we began to get worried, Percy was heard in the distance and he pulled Annie and clarabel and the breakvan full of survivors as well as a battered Mavis. Harry reprimanded Sam,Greg, and Percy saying how they shouldn't have been gone so long, but I quickly shut him up by roasting him. I was just glad they were ok. They said that they didn't find much at first, but things began picking as they neared FFarquhar. They first found a dusted Daisy, who had been thrown on her side, as well as the remains of her driver and the people who hid within her. Once they got to FFarquhar they found the station full of survivors. Once they all boarded, they went to check the quarry where they found Mavis buried in a rock slide. Thankfully her driver was still alive with a few workmen. They immediately began clearing the rocks to pull Mavis back on the track, this is why they took long. Tony counter 22 people from the FFarquhar branch, so that would mean we have 96 people excluding the engines. Donald still hasn't really said much but I don't blame him. The only thing keeping him going is the hope his twin is alive.

As we were discussing our next plan we were shocked to see Oliver race past. He was pulling Arthur, two trucks full of coal, three red branchline coaches and toad. Oliver and toad seemed to be in great shape, but I can't say the same for Arthur he was buttered and bruised and was bleeding heavily. What looked to see to have been a rock was sticking out of his eye. I can only assume that they're heading for the vicarstown bridge however if they keep going like that there going to die. We were going to go after them but the sound of a tripod was heard in the distance so we're going to stay here for a few hours I hope Oliver, Arthur, toad are ok.

We've just left elsbridge and it's completely fucking silent. The sun is starting to set and we're trying to keep the engines as silent as possible. We're going to stop at Crosby then try to make our way to wellsworth.

We got to the dust covered Crosby and James was damn silent. I could tell he was having a flashback about his escape. James changed from yappy to depressed Henry's been talking to him for a while that's seemed to have helped. Rosie,Molly, and Percy have been talking about Thomas and their adventures they've had with him. They really miss him and Mavis still hasn't said anything to us. She saw something but we don't know. As I was finishing raiding the station for supplies I heard Henry's frantic whistle and the roar of a tripod I ran out to see a bright light shining down on us, and we had to get the hell out of here. The passengers shot at the thing, but it didn't do much, it seemed to have some sort of shield. As I was pushing everyone into the coaches, I didn't notice the tripod readying it's laser and it was aimed at me tony pushed me. And just in time I didn't get a chance to thank him as he was picked up by the machine. I stared in horror as he was lifted in the air. I soon raced into the cab and Harry released the brake. I looked back to see the tripod walking away with Tony in its grasp.

We just got to wellsworth and we immediately put the engines into the goods shed. We didn't bother checking the station or nearby sheds, we just wanted to hide and stay safe. We already agreed we would check everything tomorrow, but right now we need to calm down.