Chapter16

The day had finally arrived for Nabi's big test, and the anticipation mixed with anxiety created a perfect storm of stress in her mind. She spent the morning running through her notes, reciting key formulas, and visualizing her answers. The more she thought about it, the more her stomach churned.

Sunghoon, ever the supportive boyfriend, had decided to wait outside her building, determined to be there for her when she finished. He settled himself on a bench, the sun filtering through the trees, creating a dappled pattern on the ground. In one hand, he held a carton of chocolate milk—Nabi's favorite—and in the other, he checked his phone for the time.

As the clock ticked down, he felt his heart race, not just from his excitement to see her but also from the weight of her stress. He could only imagine how she was feeling inside that classroom, battling her nerves. He took a deep breath, reminding himself that he would be there to cheer her up, no matter the outcome.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the building door swung open, and Nabi emerged, her face a mixture of relief and anxiety. The moment their eyes locked, all the tension in the world melted away.

"Sunghoon!" she exclaimed, rushing towards him. Without hesitation, she cupped his face in her hands, squishing his cheeks together. "AAA! I THINK I'LL PASS THIS! Omg, I can't tell you how happy I feel! AAA, I love you so much!"

Sunghoon chuckled, his heart fluttering at her enthusiasm. "I love you too, Nabi!" He gently moved her hands away from his face and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on her lips. The world around them faded as they shared that brief, tender moment.

With a wide grin, he handed her the chocolate milk, and she took it eagerly, her eyes lighting up as she gulped it down. "This is just what I needed!" she said, her voice slightly muffled around the carton.

They walked hand in hand around the campus, the weight of the test slowly lifting from Nabi's shoulders. With every sip of chocolate milk, she felt lighter, the tension easing as they talked about everything and nothing at all.

Eventually, they made their way to Nabi's dorm room. As soon as they entered, she flopped onto her bed with a dramatic sigh, her limbs sprawling out in exhaustion. Sunghoon couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head at her antics. "You look like you just ran a marathon."

"I feel like I did!" she groaned, but there was a smile on her face as she glanced back at him. "Help me out, will you?"

"Of course!" he said, moving to her feet to help her remove her shoes. He chuckled as he tossed them aside and reached for her bag, placing it neatly on her desk.

"Come lay with me!" she said, patting the spot beside her, and he quickly obeyed, sliding onto the bed next to her.

They lay side by side, the warmth of her presence comforting. Nabi turned to face him, her expression suddenly serious. "Hoonie, am I annoying?"

"Of course not, love! What do you mean?" he replied, caught off guard by her sudden question.

Nabi frowned, her brow furrowing. "No, be very, very honest. Am I annoying?"

Sunghoon gulped, considering his words carefully. "Mmm, maybe sometimes?"

Before he could react, Nabi kicked him out of the bed, and he landed with a thud on the floor, laughter erupting from both of them. "Baby, I'm sorry! Of course, you're not annoying! I love you so much! So, no matter what you do, anything can be annoying," he pleaded, his face still pressed against the floor.

Nabi turned away, pretending to be offended but unable to hide her smile. "That's what you get for being honest!"

"Come on! It was a joke!" he said, scrambling back onto the bed. He chuckled as he settled beside her again, trying to stifle his laughter.

"Okay, okay," he said, trying to be serious now. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "I promise I'll never say anything annoying again."

Nabi snuggled into him, feeling safe and warm. "You better not," she murmured, resting her head on his chest.

As they lay there, Sunghoon felt a sense of peace envelop them, the world outside fading away. The closeness of their bodies and the rhythm of her breathing lulled him into a relaxed state. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head and tightened his hold around her waist.