Chapter19

The sun shone brightly on the day Nabi and Sunghoon were set to move into their new apartment, casting a warm glow over everything. It was a Saturday, the perfect day for a fresh start, and excitement buzzed in the air as they stood outside the building, surrounded by boxes and furniture. This was a new chapter in their lives—one that promised adventure, growth, and countless memories.

Nabi stood at the entrance, her eyes wide with excitement as she surveyed the place. "Can you believe it, Hoon? We finally did it!" She grinned, her cheeks flushed with anticipation.

Sunghoon chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "I can't believe you actually convinced me to let you pay for the place," he teased, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Hey, it was a joint decision! And besides, you'll help with all the heavy lifting, right?" she shot back, nudging him with her shoulder.

"Of course! I'm basically your personal moving assistant," he replied, his voice dripping with mock seriousness. "I'll carry all your heavy boxes, and then we'll get pizza for dinner. Deal?"

"Deal!" Nabi agreed, her laughter ringing out like music as she grabbed the first box and headed for the door. Sunghoon followed her, his heart swelling with affection as he watched her enthusiasm.

Once inside, they were greeted by the echo of their footsteps on the hardwood floor. The apartment was filled with potential—white walls waiting for a splash of color, a small balcony with a view of the bustling street below, and a cozy kitchen that begged for culinary experiments. Nabi's excitement was infectious, and Sunghoon found himself smiling as he surveyed their new space.

"Let's start with the living room!" Nabi suggested, pointing to a corner where a couch and coffee table were waiting to be assembled. "We can set up our movie nights here."

"Movie nights? I'm sold," Sunghoon grinned, picking up a large box marked "Couch." He started to unpack the couch cushions, careful not to damage anything.

They worked side by side, unpacking boxes and arranging furniture, their banter light and playful. Sunghoon lifted heavy items with ease, his strong arms making it look effortless as he moved the coffee table into position. Nabi directed him with enthusiasm, her excitement evident in the way she animatedly pointed out where everything should go.

"Over there! No, a bit to the left! Perfect!" she said, clapping her hands together as Sunghoon adjusted the couch once more.

After hours of moving and arranging, they finally sat down on the couch, exhausted but exhilarated. Nabi flopped back against the cushions, her hair fanning out around her. "I can't believe how much stuff we have! We might need a bigger place already!" she joked, grinning at Sunghoon.

"Or we just need to throw out some of your old clothes," he teased back, nudging her playfully. She shot him a mock glare.

"Excuse me? I'll have you know that my wardrobe is essential for my fashion needs!" she declared, laughing.

Sunghoon leaned back, enjoying the moment. Everything felt right; the apartment echoed with their laughter, the warmth of their shared happiness wrapping around them like a cozy blanket.

As the sun began to set, casting a golden hue through the window, Sunghoon found himself gazing at Nabi, who was now perched on the edge of the couch, scrolling through her phone. The soft light highlighted her features, making her look ethereal. In that moment, he felt a twinge of worry creep into his heart.

He remembered how Nabi had been the one to pay for the apartment, her hard work and dedication allowing them to secure this space together. Sunghoon felt a pang of uncertainty as he thought about his own finances. While he was grateful for her generosity, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was living in a world that was, in many ways, not his own.

"What's on your mind?" Nabi asked, her voice cutting through his thoughts as she glanced up at him, her brow slightly furrowed in concern.

"Just...thinking about how we're going to make this place feel like home," he replied, forcing a smile. "And how we'll make it our own."

She beamed at him, her eyes sparkling. "We'll make it perfect, Hoon. Just wait! We'll hang pictures, plant some flowers on the balcony, and maybe get a cat someday."

Sunghoon chuckled, her excitement lifting his spirits. "A cat, huh? You think we can handle that?"

"Of course! We'll be the best cat parents," she declared, her enthusiasm infectious.

Sunghoon felt a warmth in his chest at the thought. They were building a life together, one filled with laughter and love. Yet, as he looked around the apartment, he couldn't shake the nagging feeling that he needed to contribute more.